Steering issues..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVrc17

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My steering seems to be losing responsiveness and sometimes hesitates or twitches violently when turning to the right

1st Id check the servo then the rx .. a lot more info would help,make model and servo radio system so on.
servo tester for servo with a arm on it and your finger as some resistance
rx test id use known good servos and have a open area you can see rx at a distance as in radios max distance..I use a piece of sturdy wire attached to servo arm(horn) and a piece of colorful tape as flag on wires end

I'd also check that everything moves freely when servo is loose, sometimes all it takes is a little bur to develop and you won't turn in one direction

My steering seems to be losing responsiveness and sometimes hesitates or twitches violently when turning to the right
1st Id check the servo then the rx .. a lot more info would help,make model and servo radio system so on.
servo tester for servo with a arm on it and your finger as some resistance
rx test id use known good servos and have a open area you can see rx at a distance as in radios max distance..I use a piece of sturdy wire attached to servo arm(horn) and a piece of colorful tape as flag on wires end
I'd also check that everything moves freely when servo is loose, sometimes all it takes is a little bur to develop and you won't turn in one direction
Everything seems to move freely when off. But if i go all the way left then all the way right under power it wont hold right keeps going back and forth. I have a video but unfortunately it wont upload

My best guess would be that the control board on the servo is going out Or the motor has become weak.

My best guess would be that the control board on the servo is going out Or the motor has become weak.
I have read that the stock servo for my RC is kind of a beginner model so I ordered up an upgrade to take any questions off the table.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200211-134043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-134043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20200211-134434_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-134434_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 66
Everything seems to move freely when off. But if i go all the way left then all the way right under power it wont hold right keeps going back and forth. I have a video but unfortunately it wont upload
Upload to youtube then put the link here.

You made need a glitch buster because the servo is drawing so much power. It sometimes happens with a digital servo.
I ended up just upgrading to a 25 kg metal geared servo instead of the stock 6 kg plastic geared servo. I'm going to take it apart and look but I'm thinking i just stripped something out