Steering issue on AXIAL SCX24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whileoutriding

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought an AXIAL SCX24 1967 CHEVY for my son.

We are new to rock crawlers and are having an issue. When we turn on the receiver, after a second or so, the steering/wheels jump suddenly all the way to the far right, to the point that adjusting the steering trim (to the left) doesn't centre the wheels fully again. As a result, the truck doesn't steer in a straight line.

Is there a way to 'reset' this? It didn't do this out of the box. One day we turned it on, and it started to do this, maybe a few weeks into owning it.

Everything else appears to be working fine.

Thanks in advance!

Id check battery voltage .. Id also turn trim down to 0 then remove servo horn and center horn again..

Thank you. I will try these and report back!

So, it seems that re-adjusting the steering horn worked! We had to remove a retaining screw that holds the horn in place, then careful pull off the remaining plastic 'wedge' that it sits in, with some pliers. Re-align the wedge, then screw the horn back in. Thanks for your advice!

I'm a bit confused as to how it jolted so far out of place so far.

So, it seems that re-adjusting the steering horn worked! We had to remove a retaining screw that holds the horn in place, then careful pull off the remaining plastic 'wedge' that it sits in, with some pliers. Re-align the wedge, then screw the horn back in. Thanks for your advice!

I'm a bit confused as to how it jolted so far out of place so far.

Make sure that the spline on the servo & servo horn is not stripped ,some times they will
strip out ,an cause the steering to walk around!..:cool:

Back