Steering bellcrank and/or servo saver spring?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm looking for a better system here....it's a 4907 maxx and my brushed e-maxx would also like a solution....thanks.

Are you up for some modifications? If so, I have an alternitive.

Well I'm a fabricator by trade, but not real interested in doing much of it on my rc cars lol.

I am always interested to see what you have in mind though, I know you better than you might think.

Look at my single speed build thread @ that other place.
I used an ofna buggy bellcrank with the integrated servo saver and it works great.
It does take a few mods to work it in though.

I'll be in;)
Thank you.

Last edited:
Yeah mine has the built in spring, but it still flops all over the place. A stiffer spring would be fine, but haven't seen one anywhere.

Hmmm, not sure if that will fit the newer maxx or not.

I know on the old savage's, they were setup like the maxx, but you had enough room to finagle something with an 1/8 buggy setup if you tried hard enough. I ran an OFNA one in my savage for years. It wasn't adjustable though and when HPI came out with theirs, I went with that one instead.

Maybe just try to find a stiffer spring for the one you have? Got any measurements on the spring? Wire size, ID for the coil, OD for the coil? Should be able to find something with more strength to it.

Yeah I'm gonna look around at work sometime. The 'ol maxx is put away for now, I'm fixing the back room up.