Steam powered RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true. I feel the same way about steam engines. The fact that they had so many moving parts that were all beautifully crafted working together just made them awesome pieces of art. If they were to design one today, not having any idea what they looked like, they would probably look like a refrigerator with wheels under it.
That period of human achievement is definitely one that made some beautiful creations and I doubt we will ever get back to that stage tbh bud call me old fashioned but I'd have preferred to have lived back then lol 😆

That period of human achievement is definitely one that made some beautiful creations and I doubt we will ever get back to that stage tbh bud call me old fashioned but I'd have preferred to have lived back then lol 😆
Totally agree. But then we wouldn't be talking right now. Give me the 1800's with RC stuff of today and wifi, and I'd be good 😉

Sooooo.... after seeing a guy talking about something I wondered- has anyone made or seen an RC powered by a steam engine? I have a mamod tei steam traction engine which uses a real steam boiler to propel itself, but you have to manually steer it. And as a kid I was taught keyboard by a very talented old man who could build very accurately copied RC boats and Steam Traction Engines out of cardboard powered by battery but I’ve never seen a fully remote operated steam powered RC motor (wagon, car, etc) and thought it would be fairly epic to see (think either true to history copies or even steampunk style).
You can get standalone engines that produce a spinning wheel which could possibly be remotely clutched to give on/off drive and connected to a driveline, and have the steering operated remotely too... just a thought tho, not planning anything just yet haha 😂
Like the idea of learning about alternatives. Please keep me posted ! Getting silly, imagine a KYUSHO MINI-Z JEEP or a Z-Scale model railroad steam engine propelled by LIVE STEAM 🤪

Like the idea of learning about alternatives. Please keep me posted ! Getting silly, imagine a KYUSHO MINI-Z JEEP or a Z-Scale model railroad steam engine propelled by LIVE STEAM 🤪
It wouldn't be too hard tbf bud, just fitting the electronics and servos to an existing steam engine like mine, or using it to fit the boiler and piston etc to an existing RC vehicle!

Back