Starter boxes.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer_ry

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just wanting to know what you guys think is a good starter box i want it to start my rusty,rc10gt, and 1/8 mugen is this possible? if the engine has a pullstart will the box work? thanks i have never used a box nor seen one in person...don't want to spend more than $100 thanks.

was looking at the "OFNA Starter Box On/Off Road W/Motor 1/8,1/10 - OFNA 10250" thanks

You can take the pullstart off and the oneway bering and it will work.I use the ofna 10250 box and it is very good.

I love my 10250, it is the Ofna Blue Chrome Top. I use it to start my 1/8 Storm. I really like the power it has.

So you HAVE to take off the pullstart and bearing? and the 10250 will work on rustler/rc10gt?

one wouldnt think that you would HAVE TO take it off but just make sure you dont put it on backwards on the strater.

well the reason why i was asking was because i got a 1/8 mugen and i didnt know it was only for starter box...so now i have to buy one but i figured if i'm going to buy one then i might as well get one that will work for all my cars. but if you had to take off the pullstart i wasn't even going to mess with it and just buy one strictly for 1/8. so i guess i'll buy the universal the 10250 like i mentioned earlier. thanks guys

you DO NOT have to take the pullstart off to use the starter box.

well the rusty and the mugen have the flywheel in diffrent directions title says the 10250 is for 1/10 and 1/8 so i guess the gear on the started box turns some how?

Jerry wait a sec what do you mean by the gear in the starter box will turn????? If you have two cars and the fly wheels turn the opposite ways all you have todo if flip the car around...

no what i mean is if you look at the mugen car from the front the flywheel is horizontal and the rusty is vertical...the mugen engine i mounted sideways compared to the rutsy

Turn the car sideways. All you have to do is make sure the flywheel is being turned in the correct direction by the starter wheel. I've done it before when using someone elses box.

I was just about to say that but yea

the motor in the starter box can be positioned either way to accept the on road or of road car . and no you dont need to remove the pull start

thanks guys like i said i had never seen one used before and i didnt want to buy the wrong one. i don't know where tha hell i would be withough this place!!!!!!

make sure the rustler's wheels clear the box if it's a 1/8 box. i have a box for my x-terminator and it won't start my rustler because when i turn the rustler sideways to aline the flywheel with the rubber wheel the wheels hit the box and i can't use it

Is there a box that can bump start a T-maxx with the stock chassis?

No. There is no hole in the chassis for the starter motor to make contact w/ the flywheel. The new Revo has this hole. Someone made an aftermarker chassis and starter box to start a T-maxx. Not sure who it was though, saw it in one of the mags.

Starter box problems

new to this forum, but i know someone here can help me. I have a gs storm rtr and broke my pull start. bought a ofna starter box, (all blue one not sure of model) off ebay and thought for sure this would be the end to my problems. Keep in mind i have never even seen a box before.... I figured out how to set the pins to line up so the rubber wheel lines up underneath. now when i put the car on it, it turns the engine over and starts, but when i pull it off the box, it stalls. tried for hours to get the thing going without luck. thought i had the wheel turning backward, so i reversed the wires off the batt. no luck, wires just got real hot. I did take the pull start off w/ the oneway, and replaced just w/ the cover. when i left the pull start on it just wound up the string, since my spring was screwed up and i had the rope hanging out. is this turning the right way? what could be wrong here? Any help would be appriciated.

Rough drawing of the starter box that I use for my storm.
dir_starter_box.JPG

Make sure that the wheel on the starter box is turning that direction. You want it to turn the opposite directions of the flywheel.

i got it started today for 5 min, ran good but since i was playing with the needles before, i had it really rich. Ended up running what was left of the tank out and hasn't started again.? where is the idle screw on these. i have to trim way up on throttle now for it to even think on starting . Ran great before.....flooded it, broke pull start and now with this box it won't even start.

Back