Starter box????????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simple83

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm buyin a starter box(can't remember brand) from my LHS with 2x1800mH battery packs........... does anyone know rougly how long or how many starts i will get out off the batteries?????????? i just want some tips/info to try n ensure i dont get stuck one day with no way to start my buggy??????? i know u should charge ur rechargable batteries constantly but i dont get stuck......... any tips/info/help would be greatly appreciated.......... CHEERS

Mark where the wheel is on the starter box lid. Remove the lid from the starter box. Turn your RC upside and set the lid on the chassis and align it with the engine flywheel. Set all the starterbox pegs to keep it perfectly lined up.
A well tuned engine is a big factor.It takes 2 seconds if that to fire a well tuned engine on a bump box.
If you are breaking in a new engine on a starter box, preheat the engine with a heat gun or hair dryer and loosen the glow plug a bit before you try to bump it over.

My tip: Lose the race paks and go with a 12VDC Lead acid battery. It may be heavier, but you get WAAAAAY more starts from it.

OR,

You be interested in a little "Starter box" project i did, giving dual power options and a fuel tank. It Is now "Self Sufficient".

The thread is located HERE i suggest you take a look.