Starter box problem did I damage my car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotbass2012

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I read on another thread where you can hurt your engine by the starter box wheel turning the different way it should. So I checked my car and box it was going different ways i don't know of I messed up my engine please comment

If you have a one way bearing for a pull starter, roto starter, or an ez start, you probably trashed the bearing. Other than that, it's not going to do any other damage.

I read on another thread where you can hurt your engine by the starter box wheel turning the different way it should. So I checked my car and box it was going different ways i don't know of I messed up my engine please comment

You are OK. Turning the engine backward will not hurt the engine. Some pull starts use a one way bearing that disengage the pull start from the engine when the engine is running. Turning your engine backward will can mess up this type of pull starter - probably break the line.

Lee

The pulls start still works like new (it is new) but I have fixed it so it will be running the right way! Thanks for the help