Starter box or no??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Rebel

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm getting a crt roller from a buddy hopefully next w/e and i was going to drop in a AE/LRP .28 motor but wondered would it be too terrebly difficult to get the pullstart motor and later get a bump box.....I've never really messed with .21 motors and up with pull starts so i dont know just how much muscle it takes to turn it over Thank you-Q

IMO, for racing, pull starts are no good. They rob the engine of power by the increase of drag on internal components. In order to run a pull start, you have to run mounts that allow the engine to sit higher for clearance of the pull start assembly (this also raises the cg). If you want a pull start and then want to be able to use a starter box, you have get a larger flywheel (increase in rotational mass) again robbing power.

Thanks bro i'll go ahead and just opt for the non pull and get a box would the ofna truggy starter box provide plenty of starting power for that motor? and also is that an alright motor for money? I've heard to stay away from axials completely but heard a few good things bout the LRP's thanks-Q

what's the number for the box? It should be fine. Not surr about either motor, i don't know anyone that runs them.

Hey Texas I have a LRP in my Savage and it has been clocked (by radar) at 53MPH. It has STUPID torque. After seeing it in action a friend put one in his Jammin CRT. It has crazy power. Very good engine. I have Axial engines as well.....I know some people don't like them but I have had two with nothing but good luck. Personally I don't like Picco.....just had bad luck with them. So a lot is just what you like.

Hey Texas I have a LRP in my Savage and it has been clocked (by radar) at 53MPH. It has STUPID torque. After seeing it in action a friend put one in his Jammin CRT. It has crazy power. Very good engine. I have Axial engines as well.....I know some people don't like them but I have had two with nothing but good luck. Personally I don't like Picco.....just had bad luck with them. So a lot is just what you like.

I was going to go with the lrp motor because i heard that the Axial were not worth looking at, specifically the .28 spec 1, but then again i've heard tons of mixed reviews bout them. Which engine did you have?-Q

I run the Picco P3 .28 in my CRT and that thing is stupid fast.

Back