Stampede widening and other mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borjawil

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just getting back into RC after a hiatus when Lipos started coming out.

Picked up a 2wd pede with the xl5 titan 12t setup. Have a brushless system and what not on the way. So I want to lengthen and widen the stance, along with ball bearings for the wheels and whatever else might be recommended.

Searching through various posts I have a few different options as far as longer arms go. FLM offers longer arms but also offers to the 1/8 scale arms. I'd like to to with the 1/8 arms but it doesn't specify if they are front or rear or both. Any one know?

Also wondering what the jato arm swap length is at? I've read the jato arms don't require longer drive shafts, if anyone can confirm that'd be great. Also if the 1/8 arms require different drive shafts and if so what works.

I understand the turnbuckles will likely need to be changed. What should I look for to work with the jato arms and the 1/8 arms?

Anything else I'm missing? I plan on upgrading the shocks towers, bulk head, and shock caps, to aluminum. Shock upgrade and other component suggestions, if needed, are welcome as well.

Thanks!

Resr arms on front or jato arms sll around used to be the hot ticket. I run rears upfront on mine. You may need new links. Mine was done in 2010 or so, and I ghink I used tmaxx links for steering.

As much as I like flm, I wouldnt go aluminum arms. If you got 1/8 arms, rem makes a 1/8 chassis if your interested.

The drive shafts are telescoping, so that may be why jato drives are not needed as the factory can stretch some. Jato drive shafts can be modded, but if you stay brushed, should not be needed.

Are these the arms in question?
http://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM24000 http://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM24200

Jato arm spec by someone else curious.
https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/comment/2567821#Comment_2567821

Last edited:
I run rear Stampede arms on the front of my high speed Rsutler. You have to use some spacers for the hinge pins but other than that works great

The 24200 are the arms I'm looking at. Are those supposed to be able to be used on the front and rear?

Thats a good question. I can't find anything on 1/8 rears. I'm assuming it fits both front and rear as the factory electric does. You may need a spacer as mentioned, I use nitro fule line.

The other thing is how much would it effect wheelbase? Looks like the fronts may go forward and rears rear stretching it more?

I contacted them about it and anything else necessary to do the 1/8 arms swap. I'll update if I hear back. Since the stock arms are swappable front to rear, then I don't see why these wouldn't. Just need to know about rear driveshafts if longer ones are needed, steering links, etc.

I believe new turnbuckles would be required as every swap I've seen does.

Thats a good question. I can't find anything on 1/8 rears. I'm assuming it fits both front and rear as the factory electric does. You may need a spacer as mentioned, I use nitro fule line.

The other thing is how much would it effect wheelbase? Looks like the fronts may go forward and rears rear stretching it more?
Checked at the LHS. 4wd stampede arms swap front and rear. 2wd are different ID at the arm to chassis connection.

Should have my parts here soon so I'll see how it looks with the 1/8 arms up front and stock rear. Probably goofy af and I'll likely use extended arms in the rear.

Back