Stampede 4x4 mambaX motor?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadgee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all , i'm new to this forum and to rc hobby . I've tried to look on post for information that i need but i coulndt find exactly what i need and tought i might as well ask for it , i'll greatly appreciate any advice !

I just bought a 4x4 stampede , it has a mamba x esc and had a 1406 series 2280kv from castle . It was running great on 3s lipo . I had the great idea to try a short run on 4s to see if it could handle it but unforntunatly i burnt the motor . Spec online was saying it could run on 4s but i guess it was asking too much for that small motor

Now i'm looking to get a new motor from castle and was wondering what would be the best one to pair it up with the mamba x esc . Theres is so many motor size and power i'm at lost , what would be the best kv range and what size would fit in i can't seem to find the all the information i need to make my mind on which i should buy .I could buy the same one and keep it on 3s as it was runnning great but I'm really looking foward to push it to 4s , and also i feel like that motor wasn't the best one it for the stampede as it has room for a bigger one ..

So what would you guys suggest me !? To keep it on 3s has it is already enuff or to push it to 4s and which motor to get for either case .

Looking foward to your response

Last edited:
Forgot 4s please

This rig is not made for these.

It is pretty simple beginner truck.

What you want is

CASTLE 1415 SENSORED MOTOR - 2400KV​

and 3s, this motor have more kv, rpm 75000

3S no more, thiw motor is faster than the one you did burn.
also little bit bigger

Buy this, run it 3s, you will be happy.

Keep it light weight 3s pack onbord.

Do not try 4s with this motor, you will destroy drive line very fast.

Good luck

Forgot 4s please

This rig is not made for these.

It is pretty simple beginner truck.

What you want is

CASTLE 1415 SENSORED MOTOR - 2400KV​

and 3s, this motor have more kv, rpm 75000

3S no more, thiw motor is faster than the one you did burn.
also little bit bigger

Buy this, run it 3s, you will be happy.

Keep it light weight 3s pack onbord.

Do not try 4s with this motor, you will destroy drive line very fast.

Good luck

Plenty of people run 4s through the Stampede 4x4 drivetrain and it will handle it just fine 6s will destroy it very fast though.

Plenty of people run 4s through the Stampede 4x4 drivetrain and it will handle it just fine 6s will destroy it very fast though.

impressive

is these the new ones with Magnum Gearbox ? bigger stronger new ones
what kv and motor they run on 4s?

do these truly handle 4s bashing long time ?
or it is just quick one -two time runs ?

impressive

is these the new ones with Magnum Gearbox ? bigger stronger new ones
what kv and motor they run on 4s?

do these truly handle 4s bashing long time ?
or it is just quick one -two time runs ?
The 4x4 stampede, not the 2wd one. I only run 4S now in mine.

You can beef up the diffs though using x-01 cups/internals with i-bar/outdrives, then get good cvd's, replace the slipper with a 6780 center diff and get a tekno big bone center axle (not sure if that's necessary, but I have it after breaking the stock one twice on 3S).

I put a HCG slash chassis on mine to give me more room to install 1/8th electronics in it. I have a blx185 150A esc and a BLX4074/2050kv motor. Also the king heads motor/center axle mount thing that uses a larger bearing. This adds some rigidity/strength between the motor plate and spur for the larger motor. I also got GPM bulkheads for mine, but wasn't for "4S", just was because I'd break them 3-4 times a year and got tired of replacing them. I also have hot racing 12->17mm +10mm hubs on it with traxxas 17mm sledgehammers for the maxx4s along with a few other "upgrades" to suit my driving style.

My setup:
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Slash Chassis 4S
BLX185 ESC/4074 BLX2050kv
16/54 pinion/spur
Associated 70wt front rear
VG Springs/GTR Shocks VDK 1/16"
Center Diff 6780-500K
Traxxas Sledgehammer on Traxxas 17mm wheels

Few photo's:
2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-rear.jpg

2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-front.jpg

Tower-to-tower brace is mostly for the camera mount:
2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-side-esc.jpg

2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-side-esc-body.jpg

The last bash from last weekend:

I do break the MIP X-Duty's on occasion, but not because of the 4S power. Just due to the RPM arms flexing further than the CVD's want to bend. As the cvd's wear, the pin that goes through the bell part wears away at it and makes it very thin, then eventually, they break. That's what happened at the end of the video. I got clipped by the guy driving the outcast 8s and half the axle went flying. I keep spares at home as that's the part that wears out/breaks. I just threw a spare into my truck bag for next time. lol!

These: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNQR7TN

According to MIP, the longer ones fit, which is what I installed this time when I got home, but this shows where/how they break eventually:
2021-0508-stampede-MIP-18102vs18103-onBench.jpg

You can beef up the diffs though using x-01 cups/internals with i-bar/outdrives, then get good cvd's, replace the slipper with a 6780 center diff and get a tekno big bone center axle (not sure if that's necessary, but I have it after breaking the stock one twice on 3S).

I put a HCG slash chassis on mine to give me more room to install 1/8th electronics in it. I have a blx185 150A esc and a BLX4074/2050kv motor. Also the king heads motor/center axle mount thing that uses a larger bearing. This adds some rigidity/strength between the motor plate and spur for the larger motor. I also got GPM bulkheads for mine, but wasn't for "4S", just was because I'd break them 3-4 times a year and got tired of replacing them. I also have hot racing 12->17mm +10mm hubs on it with traxxas 17mm sledgehammers for the maxx4s along with a few other "upgrades" to suit my driving style.

My setup:
16/54 pinion/spur
Center Diff 6780-500K

Few photo's:

I do break the MIP X-Duty's on occasion, but not because of the 4S power. Just due to the RPM arms flexing further than the CVD's want to bend. As the cvd's wear, the pin that goes through the bell part wears away at it and makes it very thin, then eventually, they break. That's what happened at the end of the video. I got clipped by the guy driving the outcast 8s and half the axle went flying. I keep spares at home as that's the part that wears out/breaks. I just threw a spare into my truck bag for next time. lol!

According to MIP, the longer ones fit, which is what I installed this time when I got home, but this shows where/how they break eventually:

Very cool build.
Looks handling awsome . fly like a bird.
I have been thinking couple months to get something lightweight, plastic 4s.

These Stampede, slashes are the most simple rigs wrench on too.

How much does this rig weight with 4s battery onboard ?
I feel that i need one light weight rig on 4s to bash with somethimes, just throw in a bag and walk to grass area and run, the 6s and 8s weights alot.
I need real car to get them there.
Sometimes one light weight easy to carry rig would be awsome, to lazy days

Stampedes also got great ground clearence to drive in grass areas like you did in this video.,
I drive many time in same conditions, big grass areas

HCG slash chassies are very cheap, my local hobby shop asks 23bucks only for brand new LOL

I don't know what it weighs, but it's lighter than my maxx4s. I run a 65C 4S 5000mah liperior battery in it, it's pretty heavy, combined with the weight of the 1/8th motor/esc, it's heavy for a stampede, but as you see, it does pretty good.

I don't know what it weighs, but it's lighter than my maxx4s. I run a 65C 4S 5000mah liperior battery in it, it's pretty heavy, combined with the weight of the 1/8th motor/esc, it's heavy for a stampede, but as you see, it does pretty good.

it is heavy for what it is now i believe, this is maybe also why it is so stable , and have great aircontroll i see

Must be fun , stampede 4s on anabolics 1/8 combo LOL, crazy, wild, cool

these old arrma 2050kv are great motors, they can take 8s speedruns also.
And the esc is great too, 150a , This ESC is original MAX8 , and it handles bashing alot better than the new Firma stuff

My setup:
16/54 pinion/spur
Center Diff 6780-500K

Few photo's:

I've been using these driveshafts on mine since 2019 https://www.ebay.com/itm/2833558339...gH8wY9CSNK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY they are getting pretty worn out now though.

Thx alot for the advice so far , much apreciated . Still trying to figure out what i'll get ! So far it seems 1415 would be the best pick from castle , little worried it would not be enough to hold 4s without to much strain on it so i might opt to keep it at 3s or else try to fit a 1/8 scale motor and some upg so it will be able to uphold 4s power !! I'll be making my mind this week so if any1 has any more advice bring it on ;)