spur gear stripping???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissinator96

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a used nitro traxxas rustler I got off craigslist the first time I ran it I was able to drive around the yard about 3 laps and the spur gear melted through? i ordered to new spur gears and 24 friction pegs and finally got them today so i slapped them on and took it for a spin i have literally been driving it all day and my brand new spur gear is starting to strip (not completely) but anymore and it will be ruined. its not the gear mesh that's stripping its the brake linkage right above it...when i hit the brakes the linkage hits into the spur gear to stop it and is stripping the teeth...anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

The linkage needs to be adjusted, it's not supposed to be hitting the spur gear.

4407_spurgear.jpg

how would I adjust the linkage so it doesn't hit it ???

You'd have to figure out why it's hitting it in the first place. Is anything bent? Does it look like the picture?

it looks exactly like the picture the only thing I can think of was it was bent down a little bit so I bent it back up and seems to work just fine now......but all the fun is over just broke my rear shock tower in half :(

Get RPM. I'd also recommend getting the Losi Ten-T shocks, I've been through so many shock shafts and caps with the stock shocks, I would bend a shaft or bust a cap off every bashing session. I went out and got a good 3hr long bash in the other day, had a ton of air and some high speed tumbles, and I didn't have a single suspension issue.

thanks ill take it into consideration

Back