spur gear pegs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
WTF how in the blank do you get those frigin little pegs in the dam hole without chrushing them .I have not had to put these in ,in so long i can't remember how i used to do it? the easyest way would be the best cause now i'm about half frigin blind and hard to even see the pegs.:angry:

make sure there is no lip on the end of them with yor finger because if there is it is almost impossible to get them little freaken things in..

Yeah if they are flared out on one end with a knife or exacto knife gently scrape the flare off so it just tapers inward and then they should pop right in.. but remember dont take off to much meat because they will not last long if too much is taken off.

Last edited:
ya know,I thought about that but then figure i would probably cut it in half or cut myself but hell of a idea. THANK YOU

P.S. when i pulled offt he spure i found it did have them in so it probabley was to loose so i tightend it up gona try here in about an hour after wife goes to work. WELL I MAY WAIT. kinda hard to wait i haven't ran a max in at least 2 years.

I agree with above. I always put one in every hole so I would have to change them less often

WTF how in the blank do you get those frigin little pegs in the dam hole without chrushing them .I have not had to put these in ,in so long i can't remember how i used to do it? the easyest way would be the best cause now i'm about half frigin blind and hard to even see the pegs.:angry:

when i replaced mine it took me over an hour and i had gotten 3 back in, my wife who unlike me has small hands, got the rest put in in 5 mins.....boy did i feel dumb !!!!

I’ve replaced 100’s of those pegs over the years. The easiest way I have found is to lay the peg on a hard flat surface (I use a piece of lexan) and then with a finger and a lot of force roll the peg back and forth for about 10 seconds. Your finger will roll the edge of the peg over slightly making it easy to install in the spur with a small pair of needle nose pliers.

with all the mods and hop ups that are around you would think that there was adifferent type spur like maybe a spure that had a friction pad on both sides or splines or something.

there is actually 2-4 different setups I beleive

I was jut wondering does anyone know if the tmaxx 3.3 spur gear would work on the t maxx 2.5 tranny ? Then he wont have to worry about the pegs.

No, the 3.3 spur will not fit the 2.5 slipper clutch.

whats the difference between the 2.5 tranny & the 3.3

It's a 100% differnt tranny. It will bolt into place if you replaced the old with new style. But then you have other stuff that has to get swapped out to. You can put on a AE MGT set-up and go to an 1/8 scale clutch and bell gear. That is what I did when i first did a BB conversion with the old gearbox. However I think Robinson Racing still makes a slipper set-up for a 2.5 Maxx

traxxas makes a kit to give the 2.5 tranny the same clutch as the 3.3 tranny I have done it to my black tranny and it seems to work fine!! and I have a 3.3 pushing that classic.

i had a 3.3 on my .15 max with the 15 tranny and it worked fine just had to do foc .just tryin to find a different type of slipper whith no pegs. may try some grinding pads from my dremmle tool bond them to the plates and see how it works. what do you guys think ?

ya thats the one .i'm still gonna try the grinding wheels for the dirmel tool just to see if they work in a pinch

thanks