Sponsorship In Races With My Arrma Kraton 6's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.C.Nate2022

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know whether or not Arrma would sponsor me in a race or not? Or if someone would sponsor me... I am 15, a great driver, eager to learn from someone with more experience than me. I am respectful and I love the outdoors, getting my hands dirty and learning/teaching.
If someone knows someone who can teach me more and will sponsor me in races then email me at [email protected] PLZ and THX

I don't think it will happen. Arrma is more in the bashing than racing. If you want to get into racing, there is Tekno, AE, Losi, Mugen, SWorkz and there's a whole lot more. I'm 14 and had this question before and I don't think it's worth it.
If your doing it for fun, sure, but it's not worth it to doing it as an actual job.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/how-much-do-sponsored-rc-racers-make.138551/
Also not to mention, you ideally can't turn a basher into a racer, or a racer into a basher. Trying to do this with my slash and rusty. They are staying as bashers. Too much time and money trying to get them dialed in for the tracks. (clay and carpet, carpet being the hardest)
@bill_delong might have some more info for you as he is more into the 1/8 racing side. 😉
But 1 thing I will say. If you want to get into racing. It will be best to start out at the club level. Then after a few years you can move up to like a pro or national level. I would check around for any 1/8 tracks in your area. Talk to the locals. See what their set-up is because every track is different. If that track has a local hobby shop, and if they stock arrma (which I mentioned before that it is more of bashers than racers) that will be good. Are you in the US / Canada? See if that track is on the Roar regions lists in your area. If they do a big Roar race there, you can go and check it out when it happens. You will learn lots of stuff at big races. This is what I did but at a local club race. Went to a club race, learned some stuff. Here j am racing 1/10 13.5 buggy with my B74 on carpet. First race was back in June. Still dialing in my car and learning new stuff every race night.
IMO, 10th scale might be easier for you as it is bit smaller, and less expensive than 1/8 truggy. Or even buggy. Also depends electric vs nitro. If you want to do nitro, you got to have lots of money saved up. And also from what I seen. Nitro mains are like an hour long, so you have to have at least 1 or 2 other people with you to support as your pit guy. Which can be family or friends.

Last edited:
I don't think it will happen. Arrma is more in the bashing than racing. If you want to get into racing, there is Tekno, AE, Losi, Mugen, SWorkz and there's a whole lot more. I'm 14 and had this question before and I don't think it's worth it.
If your doing it for fun, sure, but it's not worth it to doing it as an actual job.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/how-much-do-sponsored-rc-racers-make.138551/
Also not to mention, you ideally can't turn a basher into a racer, or a racer into a basher. Trying to do this with my slash and rusty. They are staying as bashers. Too much time and money trying to get them dialed in for the tracks. (clay and carpet, carpet being the hardest)
@bill_delong might have some more info for you as he is more into the 1/8 racing side. 😉
But 1 thing I will say. If you want to get into racing. It will be best to start out at the club level. Then after a few years you can move up to like a pro or national level. I would check around for any 1/8 tracks in your area. Talk to the locals. See what their set-up is because every track is different. If that track has a local hobby shop, and if they stock arrma (which I mentioned before that it is more of bashers than racers) that will be good. Are you in the US / Canada? See if that track is on the Roar regions lists in your area. If they do a big Roar race there, you can go and check it out when it happens. You will learn lots of stuff at big races. This is what I did but at a local club race. Went to a club race, learned some stuff. Here j am racing 1/10 13.5 buggy with my B74 on carpet. First race was back in June. Still dialing in my car and learning new stuff every race night.
IMO, 10th scale might be easier for you as it is bit smaller, and less expensive than 1/8 truggy. Or even buggy. Also depends electric vs nitro. If you want to do nitro, you got to have lots of money saved up. And also from what I seen. Nitro mains are like an hour long, so you have to have at least 1 or 2 other people with you to support as your pit guy. Which can be family or friends.
Good feed back bud well done

Does anyone know whether or not Arrma would sponsor me in a race or not? Or if someone would sponsor me... I am 15, a great driver, eager to learn from someone with more experience than me. I am respectful and I love the outdoors, getting my hands dirty and learning/teaching.
If someone knows someone who can teach me more and will sponsor me in races then email me at [email protected] PLZ and THX

Thanks for that... I don't know how to get a company to sponsor me... But that can wait till later in life... I would have to look at rc clubs near me.

I take this back. I seen people build up tekno et48s just for bashing. One guy, bars and tone rc on YouTube bashed his. It's a monster.
So are you a young R.C. "er"? I'm 15 and started when I went through a rough patch in life. I am hoping to find someone on this site with experience to talk to. So that is why I did this website.

Not to mention, going to big races like everywhere around the country can take up a whole lot of time in your schedule. Some races are like 5 day trips as they are practice Friday, qualifiers and lower mains on Saturday. And mains and awards Sunday. Usually how weekend races are. I watched some parts of thr 1/8 electric nationals on Live rc this weekend. I think it was CRC raceway in Rome NY.
So are you a young R.C. "er"? I'm 15 and started when I went through a rough patch in life. I am hoping to find someone on this site with experience to talk to. So that is why I did this website.
Yep. Little history. My uncle got me into it Xmas of 2015 with my slash 2wd. When I was 7. Didn't get more into it around pandemic time. Because that's when I got more cars. And now I'm going to the track once every week on Thursday for racing. For the summer at least. During the school year it's basically only 2 times a month during the weekend.
Here's my YT channel if you want to check it out. 😊
https://youtube.com/@davidbulles5694
I'm currently going through some stuff right now. I do feel like RC helps out with it.
Also not to mention, since I started racing, I made like 7+ new friends so that's good. Now just need to drag my uncle back into it. He stopped racing because the guys at the old track were getting too complicated or hard. It wasn't the way how it was. Also they started doing stock classes and left mod in the dust. Also not to mention SCT is dead now, no one in the area runs it. Besides the local clay track. But me and him are sort of staying with carpet.
(And he doesn't have the funds to invest more into RC. He only gots funds to keep his 1 car running, 2017 Xray XB4. He was running 13.5 stock for a while when the track switched, but he decided to semi get out of it and he switched back to his 6.5 mod motor.)

Last edited:
It can be done I used to be sponsored to race team associated cars was around your age too but you need to be the top at your track and have to travel a lot to race at different events

It can be done I used to be sponsored to race team associated cars was around your age too but you need to be the top at your track and have to travel a lot to race at different events
Hey, you busy to talk about what that was like and tips?

Yea that's one thing I forgot to mention is that you have to be a really good driver. So it can take some years if your just starting out in racing. Getting sponsored by arrma it's self, might not happen, but race brands like tekno and associated are possible.
I seen a few young kids run for Xray so it's possible.

Give me 5 minutes to adjust to the car and I am good to race with it. I really am good but in minnesota there are no races. Are there other ways to get sponsored?

Give me 5 minutes to adjust to the car and I am good to race with it. I really am good but in minnesota there are no races. Are there other ways to get sponsored?
If you have a crazy unique build they can sponsor your car and the build so they will pay for the electronics but that is all about the pitch

I have a 100,000 rpm motor on it

Give me 5 minutes to adjust to the car and I am good to race with it.
You might be good for racing. But it won't be dialed in for the track as like a tekno et48 with a high end radio and electronics.
I really am good but in minnesota there are no races. Are there other ways to get sponsored?
Not sure as I'm not down that road yet. Lol

No. Only have experience with
Traxxas Slash 2 wheel
Traxxas Rustler 2 wheel
AE B74.1D
Losi Mini B

But I got experience with other cars as I drove them before. And my uncle had some more.
For the race tracks. I found rcmap.io website. There might be a few in your state, but might be a bit far from home.
Some of these rc track finder sites might not be updated so some might be still open or some might be closed for good. The pandemic affected the RC hobby and tracks alot.

Welcome to the Forum Nate! I don’t race, I just bash, but I do live in Minnesota. What part of MN do you live? There’s a small indoor track in Woodbury (Dollar Hobbyz) I’ve been a few times, not sure what they race atm.. but might be worth checking out if you live close. 🤷‍♂️

By crazy build i mean like a 220 mph car or a 4ws nitro Kraton something one of a kind

Welcome to the Forum Nate! I don’t race, I just bash, but I do live in Minnesota. What part of MN do you live? There’s a small indoor track in Woodbury (Dollar Hobbyz) I’ve been a few times, not sure what they race atm.. but might be worth checking out if you live close. 🤷‍♂️
Contryside of chisago and I am looking for a place to race my kraton 6s with a 100,000 rpm motor

Back