Splatter Paint job question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have an idea for a paint job, I'm not sure if I will go through with it but if I do , I want to do a Splatter Paint job, similar to this
20171009_18152159dc275cba5cb3ae3bba.jpg

So my question is, can I just dip a brush into this type of paint , and splatter it onto the body, then back it with something ?
Screenshot_20201001-212922.png

Or do I need to do something else? I'd prefer to not get it done by someone else (I'm way too cheap ??)

I used that similar paint (but it wasn't labeled as airbrush paint, but mentioned reducing techniques to make it airbrush) and used a dropper to drop the paint to make the leopard spots. I would recommend reducing it so that it splatters more. Practice on a junk piece of lexan first. I didn't reduce, so I think mine look like sperms on their way to fertilization. If you're doing stripes or something, mask off for those. Follow your splatters with your colour choice. Remove the "stripes" masks and paint those the correct colour. Then I recommend backing the whole thing with silver or black, 1 coat.
F250.jpg

Last edited:
I used that similar paint (but it wasn't labeled as airbrush paint, but mentioned reducing techniques to make it airbrush) and used a dropper to drop the paint to make the leopard spots. I would recommend reducing it so that it splatters more. Practice on a junk piece of lexan first. I didn't reduce, so I think mine look like sperms on their way to fertilization. If you're doing stripes or something, mask off for those. Follow your splatters with your colour choice. Remove the "stripes" masks and paint those the correct colour. Then I recommend backing the whole thing with silver or black, 1 coat. View attachment 123501
I'm going to use multiple colors and back them with grey, that red was just an example of the type of paint of talking about (instead of an aerosol), and i probably will not do candy. just wondering if the technique i described will work

Just about any of the acrylic airbrush paints should work with out thinning. Just make sure that each color dries thoroughly before doing another color or layer.

I've seen this done on a few different bodies. you should not need to dilute paint. you will need to allow paint to dry might even take several days between colors then a good backer will work fine.you wont need tape for drags..and that kinda kills the creativity your going for have fun its gonna be alot of work