spinning starter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy2k

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Having a strange issue with my tmaxx and the ez start. When I try to start my truck, the starter motor just spins without engaging the motor. But, if i 'bump' the starter, by tapping the starter button on-off-on-off,etc, it will eventually 'catch' and start.

The motor has good compression
All the gear teeth are fine in the ez-start
The electric starter motor teeth mesh fine with the starter gears
The starter works fine when unmounted from the motor
One way bearing is on correct and catches fine.

Any Ideas?

This used to happen to me alot with my 4tec, when I used a fully charged batt in my ez start, it would stop, Try a fully charged batt and see if it works!

no thats not it i had the same problem with my old truck take your whole e-z start off right where it says easy start sticker take that whole thing off and you will se this kinda octagon thing spinning when you start the ez start and theres a octagon bolt that sticks out you will see it you need to get another one because its striped it will run you about 12 dollars but you just put that I'm and your ready to go if you got anymore ? just ask

good god. got period?

I assume you are saying to 'replace the one-way berring"?

No, I think he means the plastic gear inside the ez starter itself,when this started happining to me I checked that and it was fine.So I would still try a fully charged battery first.

T-MAXX WINNING

Please go back to school and learn how to type!

:shrug:

This is a fully charged battery

How old is your ez-start? If you call traxxas tech support and explain, they will most likely send you another one N/C

Check the one way just to be sure. Take it off the shaft, douse it with nitro wash or denatured alcohol, shake it off and let it dry. Then put a few drops of light oil on it and work it in. Just to be sure. I had a slipping one-way on one of my cars and that fixed it. And other people have had trouble with the one-way slipping in their Maxxes...

ITS THE ONE WAY BEARING!!!!!!! sorry bout the no periods was in a rush.

Who all here still has that gey thing at the top of the heatsink. mine fell off after like 10mins of break in and i still can't find it. WTF! i dont want my sink head scratched. just make it stay on traxxas!!

yea mine did to haha you just get some zip ties and put in between the cooling kinda hard to explain ill try to find a pic for you to se what I'm talkin about

If I had I have a Traxxas RC nitro car and when I put the battery on to press the button to make it electric start as it as like a little mini starter motor why does sometimes it's slipping is it easy to fix that problem and is it expensive just to stop it from slipping and start every time with the with the battery that makes it electric start I would be very grateful if someone could let me know thank you Max