speed needle question? nitro rc!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
High speed needle question?

Well after studying the high-speed . I thought I know everything. But I was wrong. I found a video by a guy named nitro freak I think that's his name.
He described the sound where if you get on the lean side the engine sounds like an air horn that is used in a Olympic competition.

I thought the only high RPM lean is when the idle won't settle down as far as the high-end. And I actually went over this and found out the difference several times several months ago. But this one is new. And the reason why I say that because because I'm still new to this. I don't want to end up tuning with a blindfold on my head thinking of that is the right setting when it actually is a wrong setting.

There's a lot of tricks with tuning the low speed needle. But also if you don't know what you're doing it can be a lot of tricks if you tune the high speed because if you don't know what kind of sound you should have it's going to be difficult.

So let me ask some questions

Number one. when you do a high-speed the maximum should be a crisp high pitch and not a regular high pitch like a air horn?

Number two, when you tune to high speed needle you want to tune it where you can hear the crisp kind of a bee horns nest kind of sound?

And number three, if your engine starts and if apply 0 to partial throttle and the engine cuts out on idle. Is that a lean low-speed needle issue?

I'm so confused as to why you don't just tune it to your liking and go with it.
You are making it far too confusing for yourself.

maybe this will help people to understand what I'm coming from

Ok - the sound of yours - that's a fuel starvation issue, you're too lean. I think you mentioned somewhere you had the idle gap at .5mm, that's what's tripping you up. Your idle sounds fine, but if that gap is low, it's tricking you into having a too lean LSN.

Ok - the sound of yours - that's a fuel starvation issue, you're too lean. I think you mentioned somewhere you had the idle gap at .5mm, that's what's tripping you up. Your idle sounds fine, but if that gap is low, it's tricking you into having a too lean LSN.
Wow I didn't know that. that's great info.

Yeah because before it ran okay I don't side and then after keeping it in door 2 days. I started and I was wondering why it was doing that flatting sound from zero to partial.

Well I didn't know this wow.

I learn something new.

Did you watch that Nitro nitrofreak video? I was wondering can you tell me about what I'm saying on that as far as information?

Cuz I'm trying to understand what he means but it's like I get confused somewhere sort of.

I think your best bet is to set your engine back to factory sets ,then retune in small increments .because
it does not take but a 1/4 to a 1/2 turn to tune an engine from factory!

That is what I learned from my engine manual ,my manual said that factory Hsn was 3 turns out ,2 1/2
turns out was max that I can go before too lean ,so there is a very small tuning window ,so dont keep
turning your needles over that limit to find the perfect tune ,you only need a little to get it off that very
rich setting!..:thumbs-up: