Sorry guys, Another temp. question..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big jilm

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok guys, I live in ga. It was 100 freak'n degrees outside yesterday and It was the first time I had a chance to run the revo since I fixed the carb..

It started stroung and I ran for 3-4 minutes at pretty much wot then checked the temp.. 304% !!! so I shut it down , let it cool, then richened a little over 1/4 turn on hsn. Repeated at wot 3-4 minutes and check. this time I'm at 302%.
Its running pretty rich (hsn out almost 5 turns and lsn flush) but I'm still hitting 300%..
Question is would this be normal on a 100% day in tha blazing sun wot for 3-4 minutes.... I also had the top off..

I have replaced fuel lines, tested the tank, and checked the mill for leaks and its sealed up tight.. I just can't get tha temp. down to where I need to be..
On a side not- I'm ripping wheelies and hawling a**...

100 degrees ambient air temp is TOO HOT to be runnin a nitro imo, but you should be able to get the temps down with some richening of the HSN, and maybe a little on the LSN but its just tuning issues man

Every raceday I have been to thus far has been damn close to 100 degrees. So I'm forced to get my engines to run in that weather. lol Don't just richen your HSN. Try the LSN as well. I found out most of my mistakes have been with the LSN tuning. Although flush with the casing is generally pretty rich on the LSN as well...

Go back to factory and try again maybe? Or you have an air leak somewhere.

100 degrees ambient air temp is TOO HOT to be runnin a nitro imo, but you should be able to get the temps down with some richening of the HSN, and maybe a little on the LSN but its just tuning issues man

agreed!! 100% is too hot to do anything..

Every raceday I have been to thus far has been damn close to 100 degrees. So I'm forced to get my engines to run in that weather. lol Don't just richen your HSN. Try the LSN as well. I found out most of my mistakes have been with the LSN tuning. Although flush with the casing is generally pretty rich on the LSN as well...

Do you run a revo?? What temps are you seeing in this heat??? Stock neddle settings are 4-4 1/2 out on hsn and flush with lsn correct?? I'm sittimg closer to 5 turns out on hsn..
I guess I'll have to tear down tha mill and reseal.. It just kills me cause I've tested this thing several times for leaks and can't find the slightest..

Yeah I have a Revo 3.3 #5309. My 3.3 runs typically @ 270-280ish....even in the heat. I have seen it crawl upwards of 290 on real hot days though. Really depends on how I drive it. If I go in a field and go WFO without ever slowing it down.....I guarantee it will top out over 300 degrees. On the race track, my throttle positions varies so much from lap to lap and corner to corner.....I give it plenty of chances to cool down without really trying.

+1 on possible air leak, i never thought of that,
but you should prolly tear it down and reseal it with high temp RED RTV sealant let it dry and then try again, (let it dry overnight that way you know its completly set up) Just my :2cents: