something not to try

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbieace

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was cleaning up my maxx after some mud/snow bashing. I did the after-run and started spreying off the rest of the car with my air compressor. I had it set on about 90psi. When i touched the spur gear with the air it spun and made a nice whirring sound. Did I mention that I'm not too bright? Anyway, I was playing around and decided to see how fast I could get the spur to turn. Let's just say that I figured out how the centifugal clutch works the hard way. After the spur got going it went fast enough to engage the clutch and my maxx took off across my desk. Ok, so it only moved about 1 inch, but it was enough to set off a chain reaction that i ended up breaking a dremel bit, denting and leaking a fresh gallon of nirto, knocking my brand new screw set all over my work bench, and soaking almost all of my tools in Miller Light. As i sat there trying to figure out exactly what I had just done, I just started laughing. My wife heard me and asked what was going on, and i actually was unable to explain it to her. I thought you guys would like the story, and would appreciate the stupidity, and perhaps I can protect someone dumber that me from doing the same thing. :spit:

THAT IS FUNNY poop MAN!!!!!
My boss just asked what I was laughing about.....
you almost got me in trouble...

Herbieace said:
soaking almost all of my tools in Miller Light. :spit:
MMMM I might say This might have somthing to do with the judgement error. :cheers:

hahahahahahahahahah i did that with my E-Maxx but i didn't have as much stuff laying around as you. i only had 10 screws but i still feel your pain

Thats a classic. Where's the video camera when you need it?

I have done the same thing with canned air on my dining room table... cough, cough, work bench...

It's kind of cool to hear the wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of the spur, then it kicks in and jolts on you.

You should put it up on blocks and try to hit second gear!

How fast do you have to spin it before it engages?

it's really freaking fast. It really makes you appreciate the rpm's comming out out the little bugger.
Seond gear would be cool, but just engaging first is enough of a jolt to scare you out of trying.

Back