Something better than the titan 12t motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm sick of dealing with broken brushes and wondering what I could use in place of the titan 550s on both of my nephew's rigs. They're a stampede xl-5 and a slash 2wd.

A cheap alternative is the S-600, you'll have to grind a flat spot for the pinion's grub screw. I put one in my daughter's Monster Mutt and it runs great, it has more torque than the Titan as well.

Traxxas offers the trade up program to go from brushed to brushless on their rigs.

Anything would be an upgrade.

i'm probably wrong here but could go for a dewalt ??
they re used in emaxxs' so I wonder if one would into a smaller rig

does anyone know of a brushed motor with replaceable brushes that is the same as a 12t

Come on now, if I wanted to go brushless on my 5 year old nephew's stampede it would already be done.
I just need a good reliable alternative to the Titan 550, which is well known for broken brushes.

Answer

Hello. When I had my car as a brushed version i found that the exceed motor just wasn't good enough. my friend lent me his hpi motor and it served its purpose well with a speed of 25 mph using a 7.2v nimh 3000mah battery. this may or may not be the motor for you but its called a hpiracing firebolt 15t brushed motor. hope this helps

Firebolts are good motors, i ran one for 2 years in a basher 2wd buggy i had.

Reedy also makes some good motors. I ran them in all of my RC18s before I went brushless.

Those all look like good options, thank you. I'm only interested in long term reliability since these are for my nephews.....They're pretty rough on things :)

Anyone have any info on the dynamite 12T 550? Between the firebolt and the dynamite. Harsh heat/dust/??? Harsh throttle conditions???

Back