Some people's kids

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok the wife asked me to clean up my hobby bench a bit because she had a friend coming over with (one of those type) kids. I was in the middle of something but ok. So I take everything and pack it up and put it my hobby closet under the stairs. Cool....all is well until this little sugar pumped Ritalin deprived energy bomb hits the house. The first thing the kid does is starts sprinting around the house and start opening cabinets and drawers and pulling crap out at random around the house. I am getting so pissed off I have to go outside. NEVER would my kids EVEN THINK of doing something like that because they damn well know better.
So I am sitting outside running the crawler over some stuff and I hear a loud scream from inside and I just grit my teeth and try to ignore it. My wife comes to the door and says hon I need you inside. Sure why not right? So I go inside and there is the kid sitting on the beige carpet outside my hobby closet bleeding all over with wood shavings from the door molding and a hobby knife on the floor.
We get the kid cleaned up and the mom of the kid can tell I am just a bit pissed off (do you blame me) and says kinda towards the kid "Ok just say sorry and I think we can probably just forget about this". Still I would rather see the kid get his ass beat but he did get cut up a little bit so I am willing to accept that. So I am staring intently at the kid waiting and then the mom looks at me and say "WELL?". My first thought was excuse me? I ask her Well What? She said aren't you going to tell him you are sorry? I asked for what? She said because he got cut with one of my tools.
Hold on one second...this kids comes into MY house, goes though MY closet, gets into MY tool bag gets out a knife and does property damage AND I am the one supposed to say sorry?!?! She said yes..... I told her to go :censored: herself. There is no way in hell I am saying sorry because she has no control over her kid. Do you know how embarrassed I would be if the situation was reversed? My wife said it is not worth the fight just say sorry. I refused and asked the chick and her kid to leave. They did the wife is still kinda pissed at me but I don't care at the moment. We get a phone call a bit later from the chick saying her husband will be coming over later to talk about this.....all I can say is he better be bringing an ice pack for his ass or a six pack so we can talk it over. Either way there is not a chance in hell I am going to apologize for a monster ADDHD kid that needs a beating getting hurt by pilfering though my stuff.

Ok guys, thoughts...am I wrong here? I am I over reacting......I mean WTF?:angry:

Last edited:
I'm all in on your side. Only thing I can think of that the kid's parents can bitch about is why he was alone and had the opportunity to get into your stuff. This shouldn't even be an issue though. The situation should not have even happened. This kid is out of control if he started hacking up your walls. After going through your stuff. I'd just tell the dad straight, "your kids a screw up and you better do something about it". If the dad gets an attitude, send him a bill for your door jam to go with his sore ass.:)

110% On your side man. I HATE kids that act like that and even worse, parents that allow it. I would have done the same thing you did, no way would an apology be appropriate from you in my opinion. I would have been beating with a belt when I was a kid if I acted like that and I am all for that happening today too but parent became a bunch of p to that ooosies over the last several years for some reason.

If the dad decides he wants to throw down, I'm sure some of your military training can teach him a thing or two too.

Lloyd...there is no telling what my parents would have done to me if I would have done that as a kid......My kids act decent at other peoples houses and in stores. If not we leave and they learn a lesson afterward. Plain and simple...I love my kids and zero discipline is a road to disaster later on in life. What is the incentive to do the right thing if there are no consequences in life?

I agree, if i did that when i was a kid i would get my ass beat for sure, no dout about it. Tell the parents to keep their little poop under control and out of your stuff.

I would have told them to leave long before he found the hobby closet and I sure as hell wouldn't apologize!

I'm with you Joey. Nothing gets under my skin faster than a kid with no sense of discipline whatsoever. As stated above, I would have gotten my ass BEAT for that when i was a kid, and made to clean up your carpet, or pay for it if I had ruined it by bleeding on it via my stupidity. How old was the kid anyway?

100% on your side dude ;) ...not your fault if she can't control her kid ... she should keep that kid on a leash ...lol

on your side as well, they have absolutely no control over that kid and the kid needs a beating and the parents need parenting classes. i would have got my ass beat when i was a kid if i had done anything close to that. messing with other peoples stuff is a big NO NO. i would get my ass beat for picking up things that didn't belong to me at someone elseses house. i'm 26 years old in march, i'm single and the majority of the young single mothers i have met have kids that act this way and i refuse to be involved with them. i was dating a beautiful sweet young woman a couple years ago who had her own house, nursing career, etc. but she had a spoiled daughter who acted like this. i told her she needed to do something bout it, it wasn't healthy. she told me well what am i supposed to do? i said i can't tell you but this isn't the way a child should act. i don't think she believed in corporal punishment and if she grounded the girl or made her go to her room, she would sit in there and cry/scream at the top of her lungs for hours and hours till her mom finally came in and let her do what she wanted to do. her mother told me once to tell her no or punish her and i told her i couldn't do that, all it would do was make the child not like me and put a barrier between me and her in the future.

i can only imagine how you felt buddy, i got angry reading what you typed. this really is becoming more and more of a issue with todays children.

Why is it that if you spank your kid you're abusing him? People complain that kids are out of control, joining gangs and tagging everything in sight. If parent were allowed to discipline their kids maybe some of these things wouldn't be happening!

If the dad cops a 'tude, Joey, tear him a new one! The kid needs some discipline. If my sister or I ever acted like that, we wouldn't have been able to sit down for a few weeks.

The audacity of some people when it comes to their kids these days is appalling. I agree with you 100% Joe and I'd be pissed at my wife for allowing the kid to get that far into stuff. The only thing IMO that you did wrong was to go outside when you saw the kid getting into stuff. I'd have been in his face immediately if the mom or my wife wasn't. Hopefully the dad has more sense,good luck bro!

Her child, her responsibility. End of discussion.

I hope the little one is ok but I don't see this as your fault at all. There are A LOT of people out there that just want to place blame on somebody else rather than take the heat and consider it a learning experience.

If I were you I would get a lawyer cuz I got a c-note that says you're gonna get sued if daddy leaves feeling like he didn't win.

All in man, I would have come unglued, especially after being told that I should be the one apologizing.

So I talked to the dad, he first started out like I had cut the kid then I took him to the closet....closed door, tools put away, the little poop went to a lot of trouble to get himself hurt. He finally saw it my way then went to tell me they get a lot of heat from the kids school because he is ultra hyper and never pays attention. Spends more time being disruptive than learning. I told him that HE as a PARENT needs to find a way to get though to the kid. The carpet cleaned out fine (carpet cleaners are a MUST with kids) and a bit of puddy and paint for the door jam but still it just pisses me off. Had the event went different and the chick had been apologetic to ME rather than blaming me it might had been another story. Oh well, all is well that ends well I guess.

Glad to see the dad was more reasonable when he saw the facts. Hopefully he will be able to do something about his kid before it is too late.

I'm glad it worked out too man. I never realized how much of a reflection on the parents that kids REALLY are until I had 1 (now 2) of my own. They truly do mirror their parents ways at least until a certain age when they become their own little beings ;-)

Ok the wife asked me to clean up my hobby bench a bit because she had a friend coming over with (one of those type) kids. I was in the middle of something but ok. So I take everything and pack it up and put it my hobby closet under the stairs. Cool....all is well until this little sugar pumped Ritalin deprived energy bomb hits the house. The first thing the kid does is starts sprinting around the house and start opening cabinets and drawers and pulling crap out at random around the house. I am getting so pissed off I have to go outside. NEVER would my kids EVEN THINK of doing something like that because they damn well know better.
So I am sitting outside running the crawler over some stuff and I hear a loud scream from inside and I just grit my teeth and try to ignore it. My wife comes to the door and says hon I need you inside. Sure why not right? So I go inside and there is the kid sitting on the beige carpet outside my hobby closet bleeding all over with wood shavings from the door molding and a hobby knife on the floor.
We get the kid cleaned up and the mom of the kid can tell I am just a bit pissed off (do you blame me) and says kinda towards the kid "Ok just say sorry and I think we can probably just forget about this". Still I would rather see the kid get his ass beat but he did get cut up a little bit so I am willing to accept that. So I am staring intently at the kid waiting and then the mom looks at me and say "WELL?". My first thought was excuse me? I ask her Well What? She said aren't you going to tell him you are sorry? I asked for what? She said because he got cut with one of my tools.
Hold on one second...this kids comes into MY house, goes though MY closet, gets into MY tool bag gets out a knife and does property damage AND I am the one supposed to say sorry?!?! She said yes..... I told her to go :censored: herself. There is no way in hell I am saying sorry because she has no control over her kid. Do you know how embarrassed I would be if the situation was reversed? My wife said it is not worth the fight just say sorry. I refused and asked the chick and her kid to leave. They did the wife is still kinda pissed at me but I don't care at the moment. We get a phone call a bit later from the chick saying her husband will be coming over later to talk about this.....all I can say is he better be bringing an ice pack for his ass or a six pack so we can talk it over. Either way there is not a chance in hell I am going to apologize for a monster ADDHD kid that needs a beating getting hurt by pilfering though my stuff.

Ok guys, thoughts...am I wrong here? I am I over reacting......I mean WTF?:angry:
I agree 100% Joey, I had a similar incident but with 3 energy bombs and one touched the hot pipe on my T Maxx the other pushed a bike in front of it and the last one took a .243 out of its case and played with it! Keep in mind not my kids! I was so angry that bike bent my chassis! Down with the addhd gremlins!

You were TOTALLY right with the way you handled it.
I can't believe it when I see a mother letting her kid go berserk in someone else's house and not say anything.
If it were me, I would have scolded and slapped the mother, shot the kid and then bring a 12 pack to the father.
4 beers later he would ask me to shoot his wife. :D:wasted::burp::drink::cheers: