So I got a Nitro Plane as well :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for that.

Still no luck though, seems to run ok at 1,5 half turns on the needle, but always shuts off when I try to go more than half throttle.
Idles great though, and temps are at around 70C.
Tried changing the glow plug and adjusting to richer or leaner, same happens.
I am really not sure how to proceed.

Hey cbaker65

I have done a bit more tuning today and managed to get the RPM at full throttle, however the tuning window is really narrow on this one.
Fired it up again 5 mins after and it was stalling again, that tuning window should not be so small right?

Also, I see a lot of guys on youtube, start their engines by spinning the blades clockwise. Mine stats anticlockwise?

Stupid question, but can they be starter either way? I know the prop air flow will be different, but am I doing something wrong though?

Dont know what you think anymore, maybe its stalling because its spinning the wrong way, but plane def moves forward when the blades spin anticlockwise, I doubt the guy who sold it to me had it all wrong?

Hey cbaker65

I have done a bit more tuning today and managed to get the RPM at full throttle, however the tuning window is really narrow on this one.
Fired it up again 5 mins after and it was stalling again, that tuning window should not be so small right?

Also, I see a lot of guys on youtube, start their engines by spinning the blades clockwise. Mine stats anticlockwise?

Stupid question, but can they be starter either way? I know the prop air flow will be different, but am I doing something wrong though?

Dont know what you think anymore, maybe its stalling because its spinning the wrong way, but plane def moves forward when the blades spin anticlockwise, I doubt the guy who sold it to me had it all wrong?

Yes they can start the wrong way ,so spin it counter clockwise!
It might the fuel ,messing with the tuning window ,so try to find a lower nitro like 5 to 10% nitro an 18% oil ,
should have a more oil content along with an extra plug!
Also ,if the engine struggles to throttle ,it maybe the Lsn too rich!

Heres a vid right here that shows that he had to adjust the lsn ,he is also using 5% nitro!

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.
Unfortunately I am not able to obtain anything less than Coolpower 10% nitro, unless I mix it myself, which I am not really keen to start doing.
Decided to go to a local aero club next week and have the experienced pilots have a look at it and see what they say.

Regarding the video, same as smaller nitro car engines, it is exactly how I tuned my rc cars.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.
Unfortunately I am not able to obtain anything less than Coolpower 10% nitro, unless I mix it myself, which I am not really keen to start doing.
Decided to go to a local aero club next week and have the experienced pilots have a look at it and see what they say.

Yea ,that is a great idea ,it had been years since I had actually messed with airplanes ,they would
have a better idea on what problems you have!..👍😎

Small update.

Sold this plane a while back and got myself an even bigger project, but it looks so good I could not pass on such a great opportunity!

Just a bare plane, no wiring or electronics installed!

thumbnail_IMG_0031.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0032.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0033.jpg

The real Stuka had a bit of space between the wing and the flaps, ailerons, and dive brakes. On the real plane they are actually just a bit under the wing intead of being flush with it. I think it will be fine.
R-1.jpeg
gettyimages-514678850-1024x1024.jpg

Back