So, here's a new one....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcrawler67

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
My MAMBA X esc heat sink came off. Idk if I should send it in or try to find some heat dissipating adhesive and reattach it myself.

Opinions?? Suggestions?? Thoughts??

20230819_164858.jpg

My MAMBA X esc heat sink came off. Idk if I should send it in or try to find some heat dissipating adhesive and reattach it myself.

Opinions?? Suggestions?? Thoughts??

View attachment 170254
Holly sh*t man. That esc got super hot looks like bud.. What type of RC you running that in, and with what type of motor and gearing?

Is it a new esc? Is it still under the one year warranty Mark. Never have I ever seen that one happen before. Definitely a new one..

Holly sh*t man. That esc got super hot looks like bud.. What type of RC you running that in, and with what type of motor and gearing?

Is it a new esc? Is it still under the one year warranty Mark. Never have I ever seen that one happen before. Definitely a new one..
It didn't get hot until AFTER the heat sink came off. I know this because it was at the end of a run and I checked the log.

It's in a 22s SCT with a CC 3800KV motor. 82/24 gears.

I contacted CC Will see what they say.

It didn't get hot until AFTER the heat sink came off. I know this because it was at the end of a run and I checked the log.

That is the first thing I'd do if under "warranty". Depending how long it's outside the warranty window, I'd still let them know about it, and hopefully info will be sent to R&D individuals.

Report back what Castle informs you to do, please.

CASTLE has one of the best warranties out there. As long as it's with in the first yr of purchase. You shouldn't have any problems. That's crazy never seen one pop like that.

Especially on a SCT. What lipos you running on in it. With that type of gearing? Looking to get some speed man with 82/24 sh*t..

CASTLE has one of the best warranties out there. As long as it's with in the first yr of purchase. You shouldn't have any problems. That's crazy never seen one pop like that.

Especially on a SCT. What lipos you running on in it. With that type of gearing? Looking to get some speed man with 82/24 sh*t..
Ya, I'm just waiting for CC to get back to me about what they wanna do.

I was looking for speed for a bit but I'm gearing down after I get it back up.

Update.... CC said to send it in. They're apparently going to fix/replace. So, she's all packed up and ready to drop-off at USPS tomorrow.

So, CC got back to me. Had a nice chat with Jason. Initially they weren't going to warranty my ESC but after getting more info from me.... They sent out a new one.

He did say that I SHOULD NOT have cleared the log. Which I didn't out of anything nefarious. I just simply always clear it after I download it. Bad habit I guess. He said next time if the log is cleared, THEY WILL NOT WARRANTY.

Also, he said that it's a 90 amp ESC and using XT60 connectors is a bottleneck. And honestly, I didn't realize that the 60, 90, 150's were AMPERE ratings. for the associated connector. He recommended XT150's as the esc can actually spike at higher than 90 amps. It's rated at 90 amps CONTINUOUS .

The last almost bad thing is that I had swapped out the receiver harness for one off a dead esc because of a switch problem and there's a DATE TAG on the harness. It was from 8/21. I explained the situation and it was cleared for warranty.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!