So... had a little fun saturday night.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well around 10 pm a buddy called and wanted to go for a drive. We was going to get his 350z out and follow my in the corvette. But, since he scoffed at the vette all the time I made him ride shotgun. He was surprised at how fast it actually was. We were on our way back into town when a late model BMW M5 caught up with us.. kind of came out of nowhere and slowed down to our pace. It was pretty obvious that he wanted to play, so I obliged. I downshifted into 2nd and got the squirrels going, and my friend urinated a little, :hehe: I kept up until I hit 105.. then the M5 was getting some ground on me. So, I backed off and caught up with him at the next light. A short friendly conversation started and then we drag raced two more times. It's always fun to drag race on an open 4 lane road. I've been trying to track him down though, to invite him out to the next cars and coffee meet on the other side of Pittsburgh. Lots of exotics and muscle show up to hang out on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. It's a lot of fun. Thought maybe the story would entertain a few of ya. Here's some wiki info on the M5... Not a child's toy by any means.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M5 Here is a forum for the cars and coffee meet, you can see some of the cars there..http://www.pghcnc.com/forum/index.php

Yeah cool story.

can't say that I'm going to support such thing happening on public roads though.

can't say that I'm going to support such thing happening on public roads though.

Um...... Ok.......

I couldn't agree more Mud and Alpine!

Thats the dumb poop that ends up killing some innocent mom, dad or kid. So sorry, I think it's just a stupid thing to do, to jeopardize innocent peoples lives and well being for ones own ego.

Yea cool, but like the others said, racing is cool, but only on the track.

I can't say I'm not guilty of it. I have two "speed Contest" tickets and a wreckless driving ticket on my record. It is definitely fun but not worth getting caught doing. In california street racing is a felony now. They take your car, crush it without giving you a chance to buy it back or get it out of impound and you get to take a trip to county for a few days no questions asked. Luckily when I got caught it wasn't quite that bad. I had $2500 in fines and 4 points on my record. thats not counting the wreckless driving ticket. So yes it is fun and I know the feeling but I wont ever do it again on public roads. Just for fun lets see that vette though ;)

Well as mentioned it's a dangerous thing to do. I do agree with everyone on that note. There wasn't any traffic ahead of us and there aren't any side roads for anyone to pull out from. Pretty straight shot of a road as well. Won't dispute the fact that I could have been pulled over for it either.. or even killed myself. I won't be street racing anymore for those reasons. I had my thrill and it's time to move on from it. If I get the itch again I'll be going up to the track for sure. I will post pictures soon.

---------- Post added at 1:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:45 PM ----------

vette.jpg

I can't seem to get my other pictures off of facebook, but I will get more tonight if I can.

Was testing out the top end on my old mondeo mark 1 with about 8 bills in the engine . Got clocked at 155 by man in a van . Lost my license for 16 months and 2 grand fine . Now I'm a sensible driver. Personally i blame the insurers for letting young drivers drive these cars. As soon as i turned 18 i bought a BMW 530 with AC snitsner pack and nearly killed my self. You should be restricted to a 1.6 untill you have a few years under ya belt. Imo

Was testing out the top end on my old mondeo mark 1 with about 8 bills in the engine . Got clocked at 155 by man in a van . Lost my license for 16 months and 2 grand fine . Now I'm a sensible driver. Personally i blame the insurers for letting young drivers drive these cars. As soon as i turned 18 i bought a BMW 530 with AC snitsner pack and nearly killed my self. You should be restricted to a 1.6 untill you have a few years under ya belt. Imo

Being restricted to smaller engines doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. A prime example of this would be Hulk Hogan's son a few years back now, when he wrecked that Toyota Supra and killed one of his buddies. Even though the young kids can't handle the cars, age isn't the main factor. And dare I say this after Saturday? YES, I WILL. Stupidity is the real culprit. I agree it's not a smart thing to do.

Last edited:
As an old fart, I frown on street racing, but I did my share when I was young and dumb (Ever hear of a Corvette getting wiped out by a Chevette?). A good track day is a great idea though.

As an old fart, I frown on street racing, but I did my share when I was young and dumb (Ever hear of a Corvette getting wiped out by a Chevette?). A good track day is a great idea though.

LOL, that would be a sight. I take it that the chevette was was frankenstiend to hell and back

Just a turbo and EFI good for about 165 HP (double stock power). It still got around 30 mpg. I kind of miss the little sleeper.

Heh, cool story indeed, reminds me of when I drove my WRX, i would SMASH on 99% of the peoples rides and at any speeding cost. Reminds me of a motor swapped prelude I raced on the freeway and hit around 130, not going to lie I was pretty incoherant of the other cars around me until I got pulled over. Fastest I ever went was 135 though and again, incoherant of others. Fun stuff but I am ready to settle down with a truck lol

(Ever hear of a Corvette getting wiped out by a Chevette?).

No, but I know of two that took flight, one of which lost at a game of chicken with a t-intersection at about 50 mph... gravel road, 1am... the other took it's licks on a half pipe made by a bulldozer... didn't realize they filled in the ditch with the dirt directly behind the ditch... put a license plate imprint in a dirt wall 6 feet off the ground...

Ah, to be young and retarded. I still smile anytime a see a chevette on the road. My dad just scowls and looks at me angrily.

I didn't realize a chevette would break 75mph!

FYI, they tend to kick to the right when they are in flight...

Looks like I'm going out to the car meet this weekend if all goes well.. they usually take some video of the events.. maybe I can sneak my car in there somehow :D

Heh, cool story indeed, reminds me of when I drove my WRX, i would SMASH on 99% of the peoples rides and at any speeding cost. Reminds me of a motor swapped prelude I raced on the freeway and hit around 130, not going to lie I was pretty incoherant of the other cars around me until I got pulled over. Fastest I ever went was 135 though and again, incoherant of others. Fun stuff but I am ready to settle down with a truck lol

Thats what I did. I have two now one that goes REAL slow lol.

A chevette will do some awesome donuts with a 2.8 v6. A friend had one in highschool. And yes street racing is stupid.

Back