So frustrating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaputoNL001

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
It frustrates me that some manufacturers make transmissions with like five gear is in them, four of them will be metal and then of course one is plastic and always trips out. Then the make it even worse they either don't sell metal gear replacement Or someone even sell a plastic gear they only sell the entire transmission. But then again the car I am speaking of only cost me $160 so maybe I shouldn't be complaining

It frustrates me that some manufacturers make transmissions with like five gear is in them, four of them will be metal and then of course one is plastic and always trips out. Then the make it even worse they either don't sell metal gear replacement Or someone even sell a plastic gear they only sell the entire transmission. But then again the car I am speaking of only cost me $160 so maybe I shouldn't be complaining

What kind of gear is it?
A pic might help in showing what it is!

What kind of gear is it?
A pic might help in showing what it is!
When I finally figure out how to get the gear out of the transmission I will post a picture. But if it helps it is a 27 tooth transmission gear the gets held in place on the shaft by a pin. There is a pin that goes through the main transmission shaft and the gear Has a slot cut into it that slides over the pin

When I finally figure out how to get the gear out of the transmission I will post a picture. But if it helps it is a 27 tooth transmission gear the gets held in place on the shaft by a pin. There is a pin that goes through the main transmission shaft and the gear Has a slot cut into it that slides over the pin

I asked because you never know ,another metal gear from another brand may be the same size!

There are plenty of RC trannies out there that are built with plastic and metal gears. Sometimes it's just the design that is bad, or possibly the plastic's composition.

I asked because you never know ,another metal gear from another brand may be the same size!
Yeah I thought about that, so once I get it out I'm going to take it to the lhs.

Spur gears tend to be plastic. They're cheap and easily replaced. The idea is to have plenty of spares. If the spur gear was metal, you'd end up stripping the pinions and they're more expensive. A good mesh will reduce spur wear, especially if kept clean.

a breakable point has to be build in or designed in ... the idler gear is usually the weak point.

Back