So are these guys good or is driving these easy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

I've spent the past 30 minutes watching RC bike vids... youtube is nearly as addictive as ebay!

1st day of vacation and all I've done is run my micro-t for 2 hours and watch youtube videos! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR DAY!!?!?!?!

Sorry... tangent. :)

EDIT:
Ok... guess it isn't as easy or these guys are really lame...

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! I've never even seen one of these!!!! i dont see how they keep such good balance even with momentum...thats awesome

I have taken pictures of a rig I might sell.

I also screwed up a Slash shell I was painting--one of those Prographix lids that you paint the final color on. Painted it with color shifting Spaz Stix paint and didn't order and Spaz Stiz gloss black to back it up. Grabbed a can of paint I thought WOULD work but guess not. It stuck real good to the factory stuff but bubbled up the color shifting paint. Guess I am going to be buying some brake fluid and trying the old strip method out...

Or was that a rhetorical question...

lmao at the 2nd vid. the guys in the first one were badass with those bikes. nahhh no bikes for me but they are cool looking.

ya youtube and ebay are addictive. when you know you need intervention is when you see it on youtube and start looking for it on ebay!

Wow, really enjoyable to watch. The drivers in the first vid were TOTALLY first class. Very impressive driving on a great track.

the second vid kinda showed, me atleast, how they stay up....

Is there a decent dirtbike type that can do off road?

I have never seen RC Bikes on a track like that....just a drag strip. They got Talent

Is there a decent dirtbike type that can do off road?

I've seen dirtbikes at the LHS but never looked into them at all.

Were the first bikes electric or nitro? Nitro would have more weight. Cool vids though. ;)

I can almost definitely tell you from the people I have spoken to about RC bike racing that they have a LOT of skill and it is definitely NOT easy :)

They do have bars on the sides to keep em from falling right over but if you mess it up well enough that doesn't help either, it just means you have a chance to get going again afterwards.

The top one of those videos is by Dez Chand of Radio Race Car International magazine, who's also a keen Crawler driver, and a complete nutter, I know because he was at the UK crawler nationals and posts on the RockRC UK rock crawling forums. :D

Last edited:
Some of the shots in the first video made it look like 1:1 bikes were racing.

I think the guys in the second video were having so much trouble because they didn't have a 'rider' on most of the bikes. Scuba Steve FTW!

Back