Smt10 driveshafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Has anyone else had issues with driveshafts on the smt10? Everytime my wife and I take them out the driveshafts drop out of them leaving her with front wheel drive and me dead in the water. We've twisted or broken every splined slip centers that came in the kits. Ordered some aluminum ones today so I hope they will work better than the stock plastic ones. Shout out to horizon hobbies as I contacted them about the busted axle on mine and they sent the replacement parts. Great company and customer service.

Never had them but aluminum driveshafts are always better. Anything you can get in aluminum in the drivetrain is better. You sacrifice reliability for speed however as it weighs more.

With her going to a vxl 3s system I dont think she will lose much speed lol. I'm running a goolrc system with mine. I have a spare venilion motor and a spare maclan motor for each

With her going to a vxl 3s system I dont think she will lose much speed lol. I'm running a goolrc system with mine. I have a spare venilion motor and a spare maclan motor for each
If you can try some glass fiber reinforced nylon. Just as strong.

We got them installed and so far so good. I just put a castle sidewinder system in mine and she has the vxl 3s traxxas system in hers and they are a blast. Also put titanium upper and lower arms on them as we've twisted the stock plastic ones like pretzels

Back