Smaller Tire on T-MAXX Classic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC/Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got into a discussion with my bashing buddies yesterday wile out running.

I put on a set of Tires on my MAXX Classic. I mounted a set of HPI Bullet tires from my OLD HPI Bullets I had a wile back & NO longer have.. It is a Smaller tire than the CHEVRONS "tractor Style tire" I had on my MAXX I like the tires I put on & like how the RIG handles & I think I got a little bit LESS of tire MASS to rotate the wheels & like that too.. MY one Friend said the tires look stupid on the RIG & I am going to mess up my Driveline.... I don't see it that way & my MAXX seems to drive decent & run well & am running good engine temps too so I don't see a problem running a smaller tire & to be honest I think I only went down 1 size in tires anyway..... what do you guys think.....

Last edited:
If all 4 tires are the same diameter there should be no harm/ill effects to the drive line.

I could see if there were too big, causing strain on the engine but I think with smaller ones it would just liven it up!

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

I ran 1/8 buggy tires and wheels in my revo once. Aside from looking funny and needing regeared, I don't see an issue with it.

sure it wont hurt anything its just like changeing tire size on a 4x4 truck. as long as all 4 are the same size. all a smaller tire is gonna do is give you a little more lowend power to where a bigger tire is gonna give you more topend

well technically it does hurt performance in top end but it isnt going to tear anything up just gear higher

Back