Slow Download Speeds?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I seem to have a problem with downloading. I switched from wireless to ethernet cable since I had to move my computer closer, so why not? Anyways, my download speeds are very slow. Browsing through the internet is fast, but it's the downloading. I'm using Firefox 3, Windows XP, Pentium 4.

351084345.png

Anyone care to help?

Thanks!
-Coby

351096282.png

:D

No idea really. It was faster when you were using the wireless?

What service do you have, DSL or cable? Make sure the wireless is turned off. Could be causing a connection conflict between using wireless and direct connection.

i got dsl and its the cheapest package and its pretty slow but it works for what i use it for

351220302.png

and i kinda live in the country as some would say but its all good

Do a speed test while on the wireless, however at 5M per second that isn't really "slow".

5mb's not bad if you've got wireless turned on are you sure someone not using your connection?.
if your running windows type netstat into the command prompt any you will see if you've got leechers.

Oh no, I'm saying that the downloading is slow, like downloading AIM, but the speed says it's fast.

When I download, I used to get around 400kb/s, but now, I'm getting like 80kb/s. This is downloading any file, not just one.

I always knew the T1 I am on at work is poopy. I will test my home service this evening.

351332186.png

351362584.png
heres mine. and alpine I would hope you would win being at a police station lol

maybe they have capped your speed they do over here in the uk.
if your a heavy downloader they cut your speed right back...

351516816.png

Heres mine, not to bad at all for what I need.

You know you can only download as fast as the person or server you are connected to, you could have the fastest connection in the world but if the person or server your getting the file from is on a 33.6 dial up connection then thats all your going to get...but I am sure there is a little more going on then just a slow server...just not sure what...
351622490.png

this is at work

Last edited:
Do a speed test while on the wireless, however at 5M per second that isn't really "slow".

Nope, Woodie's right. I remember when the cable system here upgraded to .5 meg and I thought that was smokin'. Now I am at 10 meg :celb2:.

Alot has changed in the past few years.
:D

Man, honestly I hate it when our customers use that site BTW. Most get not so accurate download levels. I just did it to Greensboro and gave me 800 kbs. Went to http://sc.speedtestsite.com/ (it's in South Carolina) and it gave me 10 meg. Also www.speakeasy.net/speedtest is pretty good, just make sure you ping the closest server to your state.

Last edited:
There's the website I was looking for :D. I forgot the name, so yeah.

Here's what my speed is using wireless:
2vtyx4g.gif

Here is my speed at home. pretty damm fast...
352154788.png

I win!!! LOL!!!! on the download side any way....

Last edited:
Dang, I need Comcast.

but like I said before if your not down or up loading to some one or thing with a fast conection to, it dosen't do you any good...

Here is my speed at home. pretty damm fast...
352154788.png

I win!!! LOL!!!! on the download side any way....

I also have about 5,000 people in the building using the connection right now. lol

Back