Slipper clutch won't stay where I want it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prophet216

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a nitro rustler, if I back off more than a ⅛ from fully compressed the clutch will loosen its self up quickly. I don't wanna damage internals by running it to tight. What's the issue here anyone know...?

Is that normal, Shouldn't it work without loctite?

Have you taken the slipper apart to inspect it? Make sure you haven't got any wear damage going on? If it has been apart, take care to be sure all the parts have gone back in with propped order. The design of that slipper appears that if it's worn, unscrewing itself would be a likely result. Just a thought. Good luck and Def let us know what you find!

There is usually a disc type washer under the nut and the nut should have a plastic ring in it, often known as an "Aircraft nut" since it will not come loose due to vibration. I'd recommend replacing it since that ring is probably worn or damaged due to excess heat.
The loctite was a 'quick fix'.

There is usually a disc type washer under the nut and the nut should have a plastic ring in it, often known as an "Aircraft nut" since it will not come loose due to vibration. I'd recommend replacing it since that ring is probably worn or damaged due to excess heat.
The loctite was a 'quick fix'.
No plastic ring, but to spring. Been apart, pegs in spur look good, clutch components look good, everything was fine until taking off the spur and clutch to clean brake. I'm suspecting the nut, I think rear tire is the same nut, easy way to check.

Sounds like my car... Loose nut behind the wheel!
Glad you got it sorted!

Yea I check it by swapping a rear tire nut to the spur gear but and the spur and slipper held fine but I stripped a rear hex and ruined a wheel, so don't b like me. Just order extra nuts lol

Lol! I have a few boxes and bags of misc metric and sae hardware of the small variety kicking around... I have been in rc for a LONG time. After running some of the older cars, a hardware kit was just a necessary part of racing.

Back