Slipknot bassist Paul Gray found dead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen them live. I did something stupid and didnt go to a show that was 2 hours away with them, with Godsmack opening!!!! No thats not a typo! lol.

As long as Metallica has James, Lars and Kurt, they will be Metallica imo, the greatest MF'ing band to ever be created and ever will be!

I'll tell ya what sng, I may like Pantera a little bit more(this year), but there is no denying that Metallica are the Stones of our generation. And the scariest thing is, even though they're pushing 50, they can play live just as good as they ever could. Nobody drags or misses a beat. I was bored one night and searched "Metallica live '09" on youtube and was amazed when I seen they were playing stuff off of And Justice for All. Blackened sounded jaw dropping. If somebody has never been to a Metallica show, it's not even close to being too late. If some of you youngsters haven't heard they're first four albums, your missing out on some of the coolest songs that have ever been recorded. I could never say enough about Metallica.

Before last year, I had seen Metallica once, on the black album tour. My wife had never seen them. Last year I got tickets for the Death Magnetic tour, and we drove to Milwaukee to see them.

She told me for the first half of the show, she was just in awe at the fact that she was sitting there watching Metallica.

Anyone find any update about Paul? I've read a number of rumors that a good amount of drugs was found in the hotel and I've also read that the hotel was only about 5 miles away from his house.

Nothing official yet, but I read that the band was pretty sure they would find that he OD'd which means he was probably a pretty regular drug user. Not surprising in this industry, but after all the celeb deaths lately from ODs and weird crap...you would think they would value their own lives a bit more than they do.

Of course addiction is a powerful thing, so they need help to overcome it.