Slick's Axial SCX10 II

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The UPS guy delivered my Amain order today.
7M8kzKKl.jpg

Axial SCX10 II Kit
Axial AE5 brushed esc
Yeah Racing Hackmoto 35T crawler motor
Savox SW-0231MG
Tactic TTX300 radio
Vanquish diff spool for the rear.

I'm still waiting on my SSD Stainless Steel/Titanium links(I ended up with the incorrect links they should be here tomorrow), and my Xtra Speed aluminum axles(still sitting in China :( )

I changed my mind about the "Interco Super Swampers", they are kind of small, the foams seem way to soft and the rubber compound is not as grippy as the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's. So I mounted the BF Goodrich tires onto the aluminum beadlocks. I need to pick up a tire marker because I want white letters.

uPU2zm6l.jpg

ltWgBZkl.jpg

To start with we have the A Bag.
Sorry I opened the bag and had the axles almost assembled before I realized I forgot to take pics.
xe6jxK3l.jpg

I put the Vanquish locker in the rear axle only, the stock locker has a bit of slop in it, from my understanding leaving the little bit of slop in the front helps do alleviate shuddering when turning sharp. I applied Tamiya Molybdenum grease to the gears to reduce wear, the gears in the SCX10 II are hypoid diff gears which scrub their teeth together as they rotate.

IeE3EXdl.jpg

drxVok1l.jpg

Does anyone know what these things are?
xdmqCr9l.jpg

That is all for now.

Last edited:
I got my Wrangler three days ago and was wondering the exact same thing and stopped worrying about it until now, thanks to you lol. I did an internet search and they are gate markers I guess.

http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax12014
But why only give us 2 lol?

Bag B
fUe0czTl.jpg

Not much to say just some links.
FHqdm3El.jpg

0IbIjcWl.jpg

On to the C Bag.
Gj7UCE7l.jpg

They will ride eternal all shiny and chrome.
oRV8B7Al.jpg

Last edited:
And without further ado the D bag.
4G5gC5pl.jpg

Transmission gave me some troubles, the top shaft had a boat load of play in it so I had to make a custom spacer for the bearing. 5mm id 6mm od ~8mm long.

0Tti4Gil.jpg

kI6IDRDl.jpg

Vxq0etFl.jpg

zSjZMzrl.jpg

Bag G-H, sorry for lack of picks got in the zone and forgot to take pics along the way.

JXzjcsml.jpg

jbA8rvql.jpg

All I have left is to trim and paint the body, and add on the body accessories and I have a huge pile of parts left over.

Also my new TTX300 transmitter is slightly different than the one that came with my Outcast.
Outcast on the right new one on left.
cv4mh38l.jpg

959wjfql.jpg

So somehow I mounted my front bumper upside down, someone on another forum pointed it out to me.

Got my body all trimmed and ready for paint. Now I need to decide what color to paint it.

Colors I have currently

Duratrax Metallic Blue.
386.jpg

Tamiya PS-1 White
rb2_zpsa6843820-jpg.86525

Pactra Outlaw Black
568.JPG

And partial cans of

Pactra Fluorescent green
194.jpg

Pactra Rally Green
1009449d1356717086-u-s-vintage-trans-am-%5Bpics-paint-discussion-only-%5D-img_20111202_171523-medium-.jpg

Last edited:
The Fluorescent green and the Rally green were no good and I did my best to salvage the paint job.
I kind of like it.
JMJXVZuh.jpg

Tk39TnQh.jpg

The sticker for the drivers side got a bunch of air bubbles in it, and no matter what I did they would not come out :/
RzSNgDNh.jpg

Nice looking SCX10. That last picture is picture perfect man, nicely done.

I was wondering if anyone on here could help me with something, I want to add led lights to this truck but not sure where to get the LEDs, what LEDs to get and what I will need for resistors, I do plan on running the lights off the receiver. I would prefer a kit but only Axial makes a kit and it isn't cheap. All I really need is the LEDs and resistors 2 5mm white, 2 5mm red, 2 5mm yellow and 2 3mm white I already have the wires and the plug for the receiver.

For the life of me I could not figure out why the heck my steering servo seemed like it was underpowered and not running right. It would help if I would have bought the correct servo. This entire time I thought I bought a Savox 0231MG servo, nope I bought a Savox 0230MG servo...........
PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg