Slash VXL Servo Horn Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamienSlash

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Everyone, I have a/VXL, obviously the two wheel drive, and I have upgraded the bell cranks, Servo, caster blocks, steering blocks, suspension arms, and have turned it into a monster truck with some nice proline tyres. I keep breaking the servo horn and the screws that connect it to the bell crank. Does anyone have any advice on an upgraded servo horn? Is there a metal option and would this be best?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Is your servo a 25t? If so, Hot Racing has an aluminum 25t horn for the Slash.
Hot Racing SLF25SH06 Aluminum Lock Servo Arm 25t Slash Stampede 4x4 https://a.co/d/iuCQuje

Not sure if that fits the 2wd as well?

get a servo saver it will take the shock of impacts thru the internal spring.. universal is best aluminum case

Is your servo a 25t? If so, Hot Racing has an aluminum 25t horn for the Slash.
Hot Racing SLF25SH06 Aluminum Lock Servo Arm 25t Slash Stampede 4x4 https://a.co/d/iuCQuje

Not sure if that fits the 2wd as well?
Thanks for this!! I'll check if it's a 25t and hopefully it will fix this problem.
I appreciate the help!!

Since the bellcranks have a built-in servo saver, it is relatively easy finding a servo horn that fits you RC platform. It can be a bit tricky finding one that has the correct geometry at times, because each RC may have different ways that the steering linkage is mounted. Taking the stock horn, go look for a metal horn with the same build/orientation/length... making sure to get correct tooth count. I'd suggest a clamping style horn for a very secure grip on servo output spline's teeth.

My favorite type of servo horn is pictured below. It fits many of my RCs but I try to find/buy the ones that don't have that third hole ( 😆 ) that sits way out there. That extra mounting point may get in the way in tight spaces on a lot surface RCs.
1673785164281.png

Last edited:
I kept breaking the servo horn too. If the servo spline is 25t (which most servos are 25) I use this TLR one. Aluminum. 25t, the only downside is that you need to drill out the top hole to make the stock Traxxas screw thread in since this is made for losi. I also used this Traxxas trx4 horn which was better on the stock HCG chassis.

TLR horn
TRX 4 horn

Back