Slash vxl cheaper alternative

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Slash

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Hey guys this is my first post and after two years of bash driving on my slash x2, the stock titan motor finally blew up. I have been wanting to modify it with a brushless conversion. I have found some good vxl kits, but not under 180$. The cheepee china kits are fast but blow up and catch on fire. I just need something I can bash drive, hit 50, and pop wheelies. If anyone has a used velenion pm me. Thank You!

Hey guys this is my first post and after two years of bash driving on my slash x2, the stock titan motor finally blew up. I have been wanting to modify it with a brushless conversion. I have found some good vxl kits, but not under 180$. The cheepee china kits are fast but blow up and catch on fire. I just need something I can bash drive, hit 50, and pop wheelies. If anyone has a used velenion pm me. Thank You!
Do you want a VXL brushless system for the Slash? Or an entire Slash VXL?

The Velineon system isn't that great to be honest it is okay but nothing to write home about and not really worth what they charge for it.
Here is something similar to what I use in my Stampede 2wd I have a Hobbywing WP-10BL50 (but for some reason they are $10 more than the Arrma BLX100 at the moment) and a 6 year old Castle 3800kv motor.
That setup will set you back about $74 before shipping. Both can handle 3s all day. The stock pinion will fit on that motor and you will want to change out the connector on the esc.

And yeah the Chinese escs have been known to be a crap shoot as to whether or not they would let out the magic smoke or start on fire.

Back