Slash small red wire

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
0416210844.jpg

Hey guys, I'm planning to change all my battery connectors to XT90s. On my new Slash Ultimate, there's also a small red wire on the positive side.
First, what is this wire for? Second, can I just disregard it and snip it off, or should I reattach it to the XT90?

Why did this make me think of all the thrillers where you need to diffuse a bomb, are you supposed to cut the red wire or not? 🤣
I don't have a Traxxas so I'm not sure what that wire is for. I'm sure someone here knows.

It's a temp sensor wire.

Why did this make me think of all the thrillers where you need to diffuse a bomb, are you supposed to cut the red wire or not? 🤣
I don't have a Traxxas so I'm not sure what that wire is for. I'm sure someone here knows.
Haha

My guess is that it's for telemetry

The standard VXL-3s does not come with this so I think it's some sort of telemetry. I don't think it's a temp sensor, since the system already comes with that. My guess is the voltage detector.

Hey guys, I'm planning to change all my battery connectors to XT90s. On my new Slash Ultimate, there's also a small red wire on the positive side.
First, what is this wire for? Second, can I just disregard it and snip it off, or should I reattach it to the XT90?

Hey Xraycer,

I'm about to do this myself and was wondering the same thing. Did you end up just resoldering it to the positive of the new connector?

Thanks!

Temp sensor wire and @Doom! needs to get out of the house more often...:p

The past week has been dry and beautiful! The 2 weeks before that, it was 2 straight weeks of rain or cloudiness.

If we ever got any rain I would buy one of those RC swamp boats with the big fan on the back. :thumbs-up:
I actually have one I was building way back when but have yet to run it.