Slash center diff. keeps melting.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch3no2junkie

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
About 2 weeks after I got my 4x4 Slash Ulitamte, the boss that rides on the bearing in the motor mount plate melted. I cleaned out the melted plastic and reassembled it with a new case Traxxas sent me. Less than 2 battery packs later, it done the same thing again. Called Traxxas, got a brand new assembly and a new bearing. Same story, 2 battery packs and smoked.
I've tried to talk to Traxxas about it, all they want to do is send me parts, they don't ask any questions other than what gear and battery I'm running. My question is anyone else having a similar with your Slash. I'm wonder if their is something wrong with my chasis or if it's a problem with the design. I can run the snot out of it with the slipper clutch, even run 3s with no problems, but as soon as I put the center diff. in, it just gets hot and melts. Anybody hot any ideas?

It appears Traxxas doesn't have any ideas either. Their solution was to just send out 3 sets of repair parts so I don't have to wait for more when the diff. melts.

All I can say is that sucks until some one comes up with a billet alloy upgrade. I was thinking about getting the center diff for mine. I am glad I didn't now. Sorry to hear that man.

Back