Slash brushed to brushless conversion and gearing ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Kind of a dumb question but my wifes Slash was originally the 2wd XL5. Her XL finally burnt up so I saw a decent Associated brushless system for cheap and bought it. I already plan on upgrading the tranny and was curious if I can run the same gearing (spur/pinion) as a stock brushed Slash or do I have to regear as I will have more power/ higher RPM's ? She is just a basher and never races. It will only run on 2S power as long as we have it.

I think the brushed has 48p gearing right? I would probably switch to 32p. As far as gearing see what comes stock on the slash vxl

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Is it a Reedy 3300 kv? If so It wont be over powered, should be a smooth runner.

Its the SC700-BL Brushless ESC Speed Control, Reedy 3300 540R Motor combo out of a SCB. I figured it would work nicely in a 2wd with a rookie driving it like my wife. I'm gonna look to gear down to keep the speeds slower and produce more power as shes constantly driving out of ditches, grass, and everywhere around the track we bash at.

No problem bud. Let us know how she likes it!!

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Got the unit in today and already installed. Ill have to mess with the settings tomorrow as it didn't perform much better than the XL5 did. More power with the stock Slash gearing but top speed was meh. plenty for the wife I suppose but pitiful by my standards