Slash 4x4 leg eating pinion gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I got a problem so my slash 4x4 With a lgc chassis keeps eating my pinion(I run a steel spur). I got the gear mesh perfect but my problem is I run exclusively on 3s with a crappy integy motor fan that doesn’t work anymore. And the heat of the motor heats the plastic and screws up my gear mesh( I can hear it when driving) causing it to destroy my pinion gear Unless I stop and wait awhile for it to cool. Any idea how I could fix it?

run a 2 cell with a motor cooling fan.. or just keep doing what your doing.

run a 2 cell with a motor cooling fan.. or just keep doing what your doing.
Alright then maybe I’ll look into getting a 2400 kv motor so that way I can keep temps down a little more on 3s. Or maybe I’ll get an arrma senton do ya know if a arrma senton 3s blx holds up to 3s running well?

Could be a bearing or something wrong with the motor causing the heat to be excessive. There's no reason for a properly working motor to run it that type of heat. I think you would be better off getting another motor. I like the Velineon 3500 for that car. But if you choose to go with the arrma senton you will have no problem running 3s on it.

So I got a problem so my slash 4x4 With a lgc chassis keeps eating my pinion(I run a steel spur). I got the gear mesh perfect but my problem is I run exclusively on 3s with a crappy integy motor fan that doesn’t work anymore. And the heat of the motor heats the plastic and screws up my gear mesh( I can hear it when driving) causing it to destroy my pinion gear Unless I stop and wait awhile for it to cool. Any idea how I could fix it?
how hot is your motor getting exactly? Also, why are you running a steel spur gear?

Back