Slash 2wd rear toe in, how do I fix?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
So I scrapped my Rustler Dragster project and moved the equipment over to a LCG Slash 2wd. The transmission is aluminum, has the control arms mounts that seem to be kicking the rear toe alignment inward. How do I fix this, I want generally 0 degrees rear toe.

You will need to change the rear hub carriers, but I am not sure if they have it in 0-degree toe. I think the stock ones are 1-degree toe-in.

It’s the arm mounts. I know hot racing sells different mounts that have different degrees of tow. For a drag racing application, your going to be shooting for 1-.5 degree tow in. The reason being is that the force of the car trying to accelerate will actually pull it in to a true 0 degree tow angle.

It’s the arm mounts. I know hot racing sells different mounts that have different degrees of tow. For a drag racing application, your going to be shooting for 1-.5 degree tow in. The reason being is that the force of the car trying to accelerate will actually pull it in to a true 0 degree tow angle.
I'm pretty sure toe-in points inwards, and accelerating makes it point inwards even more, so it should be toe-out if you want it to be at 0 degrees during acceleration. With RC vehicles being this small, I doubt it'd have enough play in the suspension to change the toe angles.

I'm pretty sure toe-in points inwards, and accelerating makes it point inwards even more, so it should be toe-out if you want it to be at 0 degrees during acceleration. With RC vehicles being this small, I doubt it'd have enough play in the suspension to change the toe angles.
It’s tow in and no more than 1 degree. All the fast guys in NPRC set up rear tow around 1.5-.5 degrees for this very reason. Same thing goes for the front; 1-.5 degrees tow in. When guys are doing 1.8-1.9 seconds and 65-82 mph in 132 feet, the know a thing or 2 about suspension set up and tuning. So ima listen.

I'm sorry but I agree if you wanted true 0 toe at full torque a slight rear toe out would be desired. However a slight toe in will create straight line stability and that's what would be desired by the pros

Back