Size MATTERS!!! HummVee H1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rims are pretty cool but it says it take 45-60 PER wheel to assemble? Oh good lord why not bring bead-lock pain to a whole new level? For the tires...ever seen the Mud pluggers? Now if they were only made in 2.2; I can't believe no has suggested those yet!

Last edited:
I just dumped $146 with shipping, and I don't know if I can get Mud Pluggers in that size. Anyone know? :D

I'm back to the RokLox for now. Any other tire makers out there?

Hmmmm, what about some Rock and Die's?
88973L2.jpg

These arent very military but kinda of an all terrain look imo.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=1387

That was my first choice till I saw all the skulls on the sidewalls. If not for that, I think they had the perfect tread pattern.

Damn, I never saw the skulls on the side wall, that just kills it....

I just transferred some bux into my Ppal account, then decided to see what I had laying around. Since the outside sizes vary quite a bit, I've decided to wait on the tires till the wheels are here.
It's all about the right look, you know? :)

Maybe I'll go with the Rok Lox that someone suggested.

LMAO! I hope that's just keeping the tire joke going because those are the wheels that are in the mail. :p:

I'm not sure that was his point lol, I think a posts was obviously missed.

Need more coffee! I was up all night thinking about what adjustments I needed to make on my dNano....

UPDATE...
Picked up a couple of boxes of Revo parts in hopes of working something out.
It seems I only need the bulkheads, diffs and trans. I bought new axle carriers, new pillow balls, dust covers and bearings. Then it was a set of A-arms for a slayer since it gave me the exact width I was looking for without making my own.

Getting ready...
hm5.jpg

Basic paint and diff rebuild. Shocks from another package. Revo setup wouldn't give me the look I was after. Slayer axles.

hm3.jpg

Truck is upside down here, but that's the official look of the Humm-Vee, with the independent 4WD suspension. Next will be the rear, but I'm waiting on parts. I'm pretty sure the trans will end up in the rear seat but somehow I'll make it all work. :)
I'm still waiting on my Humm-Vee alloy wheels, but they were special order and will probably take another week to get here. :\
hm1.jpg

Very nice, those look to be a perfect fit for the front.

Back