*Sigh* More idle help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithoms

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Having a problem with my idle'ing. Took my truck out after 7 months of sitting and started it up without checking the carb, went into full throttle. Hope the engine is ok, not started it since. I took off the air filter and noticed the idle is effed up. When brake is full on, it is as idle should be. On idle, it is out far, close to full throttle. I am only able to set the idle to change what happens when braking, I'm new to all of this so how do i make idle, idle?

Is your throttle channel reversed on your radio by chance? The idle screw physically cannot set your carb to be wide open....so something else is tugging on your carb slide...either the servo or something in the way.

I've done this as well when my DX3 was set to the wrong model memory by mistake.

Start with the radio first ;-)

Ill try and take a vid.

Might need to turn the trim down on the radio, or adjust the servo horn. Though if it wasn't messed with, it would only be out of adjustment from being stripped.

you wrote:
When brake is full on, it is as idle should be.
I am only able to set the idle to change what happens when braking,

1) if you turn the idle speed more down (counter clockwise) screw comes out.
you see that the gap for the idlespeed in the carbuarator closes more and more.
you can pull full throttle,but whe you apply the brakes the gap in the carburator closes and you can go from (WOT) till killing the engine.
2)if you screw the idlespeedscrew back clockwise into the carb by moving the throttle from WOT till breaks apply.
once the idlespeedscrew is in the right position the carburator dont go over that point by appliying the brakes so the gap closes and the car dies.

have the same trouble with my TRX Pro.15.

i messed with my idle speed screw.
turned clockwise the idlespeedscrew till everything in the carburator snapped to the right.ups.
i couldnt turn the idle screw back inside,something was in the way.
i pressed whats snapped to the right back in old position and was able to turn the idle screw further back inside.

i would try to adjust the linkage between throttle servo and carburator.
sounds that the arm with that tiny screw above the lowspeedneedle is missadjust.

Last edited:
Probably just needs to turn his trim down until the carb slide rests on the idle screw.

Back