Sidewinder Fuel 30% and 3.4 Carb--THS pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Did a search and didn't find anything good. I stopped by my LHS and purchased a quart of some new nitro fuel. This past summer, I ran 20% Traxxas Top Fuel through my Tmaxx 3.3. After using up all the Top Fuel, I purchased some more potent Sidewinder fuel with 30% nitro and 12% oil. A quick google search yielded a few random reviews across multiple forums spanning 7 years. So I thought I should resurface the topic.

In preparation I logged a few bench hours with the Tmaxx this afternoon. I threw a new Losi 3.4 carb. on the 3.3 as well as a THS header & race pipe setup. Fueled up the tank, hit the motor with the hairdryer and off it went!
Took me a little tuning on the 3.4 but I got the truck flipping backwards and standing on end without much trouble. The combination of the Sidewinder fuel, 3.4 carb and the THS pipe (sounds amazing) has really awaken my 3.3..
Hoping for nice weather again tomorrow so I can throw on the Trenchers.. Overall I am very impressed with the hop-ups and the 30% nitro. Lots of power throughout the entire range. Was popping 2nd gear wheelies across a field. :)

What is everyone opinion on the Sidewinder nitro as far as longevity of the motor? I always use ARO after a session.

D27FD73C-919C-496C-8419-DDF20C9203FC_zpsnxxxokka.jpg

A17E721D-B025-4F9E-8CCE-7E2A0CB6480E_zpsstirhraf.jpg

I use Bones Brew 30/8. I have had no issues. I had lots of issues with the stuff the LHS sells.

Agreed with above. Watch out for those cheap bashed brand fuels. Unless you do more than just ARO after each run not worth the risk. Recommend any sort of race blend.

But to heck with all that, Bill we want to see this puppy barking like you said. Give up the video links sir. :)

Back