Side winder 4 esc doesn’t put out enough power to run the steering servo and esc fan.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So the sidewinder 4 esc seems to not put out enough power to run the steering servo every time I go to steer it the esc looses power and the throttle jitters the esc is flashing yellow red rapidly. The esc fan is also random sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Is this a common problem with this esc? Do I need to wire in an extra bec?

edit it’s on a slash 4x4 with the standard steering servo.

alright I have seen vids of people running this fine on there slash so I must of done something wrong.

Last edited:
Alright found the problem it’s the bec because as soon as I unplug the steering servo it works fine. Sadly my soldering skills suck(it’s my first time) so I’m unsure I can connect an external bec.

well time to either buy a aa battery holder with a rx plug or get some extra wire and start working on your solder skills.. clean solder iron tip b4 soldering job then after.. I use a damp sponge with sponge on 1 sider scotch brit pad on the other. remove center wire on esc plug b4 plugging in new battery for servo..
https://www.banggood.com/Battery-Bo..._id=&msclkid=87e9f1dc063318282c7daf33a3e31a91
I got a aa battery with an rx plug and that would be a good temporary fix until I I can get an external bec. Now I have never done that before how would I connect the double a battery holder to the car?

i use 3m dual lock its like velcro but better it has adhesive tape on back side peel and stick then press to each 3m to stick it in place...remove red wire from esc rx plug.. theres a small tab at middle of rx plug gentle pry up and pull wire out then shrink wrap it or tape it to the 3 wires...i think theres some youtube vids that show how to remove red wire from rx plug

We got a bec I let my father install it since it was his rc car and it was done right except he cut the wrong esc wire so it still had the red one plugged in when it was turned on. It was on for like 15 seconds max do you think it fried the system? He’s done with it so I’m gonna see if I can get it running. I kind of taped the cut wire back together temporarily With electrical tape and remove removed the red wire and taped off the end to see if it would function but it was late so I stupidly forgot to put in the battery and thought it was broken and gave up so idk yet if it works for sure until tomorrow or it maybe had a battery I can’t remember now it’s 3am and I can’t fall asleep even though I’m dead tired.

Back