Show us your pets

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9872.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

Purdy tank! IIRC one of the other members has a fish fetish too. I dont recall who though :)
Are you thinking of @Doom!'s fear of fish?

I always love seeing salt water setups. I never had the courage to try going bigger with salt water after my first salt setup. I was trying to raise a little salt water fish called a Damsel I believe. They were supposedly easy to care for. Within two days it spontaneously split in half. So I decided fresh water was just fine for me.

Always fun to see big dogs who are still lap dogs. My friend had a 165lb Rottweiler that would jump on your lap and have her way smothering you with slobbers. Or she'd try to rip you into little pieces, depending on if my friend was there or not.

Great mini reef. So do you use a protein skimmer.what ?

Always fun to see big dogs who are still lap dogs. My friend had a 165lb Rottweiler that would jump on your lap and have her way smothering you with slobbers. Or she'd try to rip you into little pieces, depending on if my friend was there or not.
These 3 are following the 2 dachshunds. If they can do it we can too. You ain't lived until your on your stomach stretching out and a 75IBS girl jumps on your back from a distance and then lays on you playing with the other dogs.

Are you thinking of @Doom!'s fear of fish?

I always love seeing salt water setups. I never had the courage to try going bigger with salt water after my first salt setup. I was trying to raise a little salt water fish called a Damsel I believe. They were supposedly easy to care for. Within two days it spontaneously split in half. So I decided fresh water was just fine for me.
LOL

Cool. Good to hear there are other aquarists on the forum. Any other reef keepers here?
I believe it was WVNed but he doesn't pop on much although he does stop in here and there :)

No furry pets, but I have some salty one's.
View attachment 174364
Nice setup. Very vibrant. I never thought to post my little swimmers here. My cold water fish. I just replaced the liner as it was leaking.
20231108_125956.jpg

20231108_125945.jpg

At one stage, we used to have quite a few pets. We had: 2 dogs, 2 cats, budgies, quails, rabbits, guinea pigs, tropical fish, cold water fish, gilgies and marron.

These days we just have 2 dogs, 1 cat and the pond fish. It's too hard to go away for holidays with too may pets at home.

Last edited:
Nice setup. Very vibrant. I never thought to post my little swimmers here. My cold water fish. I just replaced the liner as it was leaking.
View attachment 174408
View attachment 174409
At one stage, we used to have quite a few pets. We had: 2 dogs, 2 cats, budgies, quails, rabbits, guinea pigs, tropical fish, cold water fish, gilgies and marron.

These days we just have 2 dogs, 1 cat and the pond fish. It's too hard to go away for holidays with too may pets at home.
Love the little fish pond and holy cow thats a lot of pets you used to have! :)

We have 3 dogs and 2 cats... I have no idea why....can some explain to me why I have 3 dogs and 2 cats? I'm pretty sure my wife has something to do with it. I think she hates me.... No one should have that many furry things running around their house! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Love the little fish pond and holy cow thats a lot of pets you used to have! :)

We have 3 dogs and 2 cats... I have no idea why....can some explain to me why I have 3 dogs and 2 cats? I'm pretty sure my wife has something to do with it. I think she hates me.... No one should have that many furry things running around their house! 🤣 🤣 🤣
No, no cow. Especially not a religious one 🤣.jk. Actually, I did have a pet calf as a child. I reared it, fed it, played with it and it grew up, then I ate it 🤷‍♂️. I grew up on a farm so always had animals around.

All the pets were for my children, except maybe the fish. The two dogs we have are theirs too. They sleep on their beds at night. The cat adopted us when it was a kitten.