should i buy xxx-nt?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devinbrown07

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a chance to get a descent xxx-nt...for around 300, its pretty much stock, original motor, all that i know is it has a temp gauge for aftermarket...the motor still runs good, but has been through about 7 gallons...do you think i should bite on this deal or pass?

For that much wear and tear, closer to $225 is a better price. Depends on the motor, what all comes with the truck, etc. See if you can get a detailed list, and perhaps some pictures, and post those up.

I'm thinking you can get a lot more truck for the money. I gave about the same price for a Revo 2.5 that's never been run, has a lot of hop-ups, and has a brand new OS 18 tm engine.

its rtr, and has a tackle box full of replacement parts, about half an entire vehicle, i personally know the person, he isnt selling it yet, but will be soon, and told me i can have first dibs, and he is willing to be lenient on the price, i just wasn't sure if 300 would be a good deal, i will see if i can get ahold of him tomorrow for some pics,

If I were you, I would try and get some pics and put them up so that people that are really familiar with these trucks can give you some advice.

Charlies' right. Look the truck over really closely; examine it for looseness, cracks, etc.

Find out what the least amount he'd take would be, and work from there. The XXXNT is still a current truck, but the platform is becoming dated.

There's the losi man himself. Yeah I agree with what they said. We're not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that you could get so much more with the money. You know you can get a brand new Savage X SS kit for about $360?

It depends on what your plan on doing. Racing... it's a good rig. General bashing, it's horrible. The parts are all very brittle and replacing arms, pivot blocks, shock towers and axle carriers gets very old very quickly.

If your looking for a general basher, I'd go with the jato (with RPM arms) or the RC10GT (also with RPM arms).

I missed my xxxnt (got rid of it 4+ years ago) and recently (late last season) picked up a jato. The jato is a blast. I really dig the two speed and being able to run RPM arms is great. I have yet to really "break" anything substantial on the thing.

i see, alright, i was just wondering if it were something i shouldnt pass up, but its not somethin i have to have you know...but would be nice if i decided to get into racing sometime...anyways, thanks for all of your help..

Back