Should I buy a revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do31

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering if I should buy a revo 2nd hand. The one I'm looking at is on that has upgraded parts like a rb concepts tm 323 motor and it has a 2nd of each part. It also comes with a supercharged stock motor and all costs $400. Should I buy:)

In a word.....NO
At least not this one.

You'll never get your money's worth out of it. It has a costly and useless supercharger that's probably damaged the engine already.
Take your $400 dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:
You can likely get a revo brand new for around that price.

I second Rolex. New ones run about 450 depending on where you go

I also agree with Rolex. Most people that upgrade their rig do it with what they think it should have. That is not necessarily the case. Most of the time when a nitro truck is sold. there is no guarantee that the engine isn't worn out or even blown. Save yourself some trouble and buy a new one.

Definitely don't buy this used revo. But where can you buy a new revo for 450? I have never seen one cheaper then 540.

I haven't priced them out in a while. I know they run around 450-500 here in west palm beach

I am also going to say steer clear of this one for sure. The stupidcharger is a joke and any engine that has been used with it is now junk as Rolex said above. That is a high price for a used Revo unless it's in perfect shape and modded pretty well.

****Also a side note when buying used rides any you see with pretty bling that has Integy written on it subtracts from the value.

I am also going to say steer clear of this one for sure. The stupidcharger is a joke and any engine that has been used with it is now junk as Rolex said above. That is a high price for a used Revo unless it's in perfect shape and modded pretty well.

****Also a side note when buying used rides any you see with pretty bling that has Integy written on it subtracts from the value.

LOL @ stupidcharger:hehe:

Oh did I say stupid? I meant to say SUPER!!! Super in a "special" way. Yeah they are worthless.

you can get one online at www.towerhobbies.com for 541 right now and i got mine in des moines iowa for about that. i wouldnt buy used unless it was dirt cheap and i had the money for a new motor

are you saying that the aluminum upgrades for suspension are crap or just the brand?

I'm looking for a toy... a bit of bashing I'm sure... but I'm not wanting to tear it up... on purpose... I've seen some pretty moronic youtube videos...

I am talking about the brand not alloy in general. There are a lot of good alloy upgrades if the parts are made well. Integy is weaker than plastic and 3x heavier. In short it is crap.

When doing a google search integy seems to be the big aluminum supplier... what brand would you recommend? i want something that looks cool but can also handle the abuse... any ideas?

sweet ... thanks... these are quality alum parts makers? i will have to look into each further ...

Olds listed some of the better ones. From personal experience I can tell you that most of the parts that Integy makes aren't worth installing in anything but a shelf queen.

Back