Should I buy a Losi 8ight 2.0 nitro buggy with all the gear I'll need to run it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I've got the option to buy a Losi 8ight 2.0 nitro buggy with a new motor (0.21 slightly upspec motor) and loads of spares. It comes with all the starting gear batteries the whole lot RTR. I'm just not sure if these are too old now and parts are going to be an issue? I want to race my Dad who has the Losi 8ight 4.0 nitro buggy and the Kraton is too big side by side. I think the buy is good value, just not sure about long term. I think many of the newer parts are compatible with the old 2.0, but I was hoping someone here might know for sure?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
The 3.0 was a pretty big revision for the 8ight platform, the 4.0 a minor revision.

Personally, I don't like nitro, but for $100, with a known good motor, starter box, spares, and stuff. I'd jump on it. If you decided you don't like nitro, you can sell the motor, starter box, and the other nitro accessories to fund a brushless conversion, and use it as a back-up basher to the Kraton.

But then, the used market for RC stuff is kind of strong, so I know I could get decent money flipping the nitro gear. If the AU market is not that strong, then that may not work out as well.

The 3.0 was a pretty big revision for the 8ight platform, the 4.0 a minor revision.

Personally, I don't like nitro, but for $100, with a known good motor, starter box, spares, and stuff. I'd jump on it. If you decided you don't like nitro, you can sell the motor, starter box, and the other nitro accessories to fund a brushless conversion, and use it as a back-up basher to the Kraton.

But then, the used market for RC stuff is kind of strong, so I know I could get decent money flipping the nitro gear. If the AU market is not that strong, then that may not work out as well.

Thanks for the feedback, the 2.0 is compatible with many of the major upgrades(well the ones I might do at the moment anyway). I just don't have any experience with Losi, apart from the 4.0 which my dad runs. I just wanted to have a go with nitro again, when I drive with my dad, I'll mostly be using the Kraton. I'm sure it's a far cry from my old EB4 that I had 20 years ago. I'll go for it, I'm sure it will be if some use even if it ends up as emergency spares for my dad.

Back