Should I buy a 1/7th scale SCT or a Drone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do I really want to sell my Slash 4x4 for a GoPro Karma drone or a 1/7th scale Arrma Mojave?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The RC Car

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Really torn between which one I should buy, I love SCTs, but it's been a while since I've had a drone and it's way cheaper.

and how can we tell you what type of rc to purchase . This all depends on you and were you live and your wants, I have both my drone has a ir system on it so I can volunteer when people pets and thing get lost( I have a lot of cash in my quad). write a list with the + and negatives and make your choice well Have fun I always do.

@tntpoof got it right. buy both. You can fly a drone anywhere but takes lots of room for a 1/7 scale. that being said it comes down to your style and budget.

@tntpoof
that being said it comes down to your style and budget.
Get a part time job to finance the hobby and buy both. Either that or finance the hobby with your full time job and get a part time job to pay for living expenses. If you thought you'd get away cheap, you should have taken up knitting. :rolex:

I'm in high school walking dogs and petsitting to pay for them, I think I'll start by getting a drone.

hmm, now I'm having second thoughts as to whether I actually want to sell my slash for a drone.

Get a part time job to finance the hobby and buy both. Either that or finance the hobby with your full time job and get a part time job to pay for living expenses. If you thought you'd get away cheap, you should have taken up knitting. :rolex:

LOL...Don't knock knitting ,my G-ma use to do that stuff years ago an made some cool pieces ,I had visited 2 sisters just not
too long ago ,an I had actually seen a few knitted cup coasters on my sisters end tables ,lol.....they had to be at least 40 or 50
years old an it brought back a lot of mems of seeing her sit an knit ,she use to always have a glass of ice tea sitting on one!...:cool:

She also did quilting & ceramics ,me & wife have a few of her peices ,she actually had two kilns an poured her own molds an
sold stuff ,so she earned money off of it as well!...:cool:

I wish @Rc car luck it sounds he's on the right track. Sometimes it just takes longer to get the things we want.

I remember saving for months for RC's & parts ,I remember saving for that Super Rooster Novak speed control
back in the day ,it was a whopping $ 134.00 bucks!....:cool:

I remember saving for months for RC's & parts ,I remember saving for that Super Rooster Novak speed control
back in the day ,it was a whopping $ 134.00 bucks!....:cool:
I remember when I saved up for months by getting my mom to pay me $2 an hour cleaning our family's bathtubs, blinds etc. lol

LOL...Don't knock knitting ,my G-ma use to do that stuff years ago an made some cool pieces ,I had visited 2 sisters just not
too long ago ,an I had actually seen a few knitted cup coasters on my sisters end tables ,lol.....they had to be at least 40 or 50
years old an it brought back a lot of mems of seeing her sit an knit ,she use to always have a glass of ice tea sitting on one!...:cool:

She also did quilting & ceramics ,me & wife have a few of her peices ,she actually had two kilns an poured her own molds an
sold stuff ,so she earned money off of it as well!...:cool:
lol my sisters knit and I used for a bit too lol

Part of the reason I'm hesitating is because in order to get the drone I'd be selling my slash 4x4

Part of the reason I'm hesitating is because in order to get the drone I'd be selling my slash 4x4

That's why that I never sell my RC's ,it is too expensive to get them back if I want to run them again ,years ago when
me & the wife bought are house ,it needed the roof replaced ,I had sold all of my RC's to buy the roofing materials!

Among those RC's was a AE RC10 buggy ,the Losi Jr 2 buggy ,2 welcraft boats an a airplane with all of the eccessories &
expensive modified motors for the cars!....:doh::doh:

But ,we still have a roof over our head ,an I have a ton of RC's now!....:D

I have heard nothing but great things about the Mojave, but I think it is one of those RCs for us old guys...
To be completely honest they are extremely expensive.

truck "RtR" msrp $629.99
Decent 6s LiPo $60+

Tires will cost you way more on this thing. Bodies cost $119.00 that is about 3x of a Slash body.
There just isn't much about it that is ideal for someone currently in school.

I agree that for your situation you should keep the Slash and save up for a drone.

I have heard nothing but great things about the Mojave, but I think it is one of those RCs for us old guys...
To be completely honest they are extremely expensive.

truck "RtR" msrp $629.99
Decent 6s LiPo $60+

Tires will cost you way more on this thing. Bodies cost $119.00 that is about 3x of a Slash body.
There just isn't much about it that is ideal for someone currently in school.

I agree that for your situation you should keep the Slash and save up for a drone.
Yeah, it is really expensive, I don't really care about having a body that much because it does add much tbh. About being in school though I'm just in high school so I have plenty of time to work, I think y'all are right though, I'll just wait up :) I found a good battery that JayTee RC uses and good charger for that combine for $180, which is a LOT, but a good price. Just wondering, have y'all heard of JayTee RC? He's really good.

Back