Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadAssBitch77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! So o have a Traction Hobby Founder 2. It’s an 1/8th scale crawler. Not sure if others know of it but it’s a very awesome crawler!! Big!! Well, I just recently noticed a shock droop. Only on one side. So I’m wondering if anyone out there might have any ideas or suggestions or advice on a better shock?? Something not too expensive or crazy wild just average but better than the stock ones it has. I’m pretty sure that the ones it has are more meant for the 1/10th scale vehicles so I’m hoping to find a more fitted 1/8th scale option. Any help would be very appreciated & welcomed!! Thanks so much for all help!!

Attachments

• 7AB1A6B2-D944-4035-BEC7-6D89720C6DB7.jpeg
    7AB1A6B2-D944-4035-BEC7-6D89720C6DB7.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 65E1D194-F248-4AB8-A4E8-7E9475F60A70.jpeg
    65E1D194-F248-4AB8-A4E8-7E9475F60A70.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi everyone!! So o have a Traction Hobby Founder 2. It’s an 1/8th scale crawler. Not sure if others know of it but it’s a very awesome crawler!! Big!! Well, I just recently noticed a shock droop. Only on one side. So I’m wondering if anyone out there might have any ideas or suggestions or advice on a better shock?? Something not too expensive or crazy wild just average but better than the stock ones it has. I’m pretty sure that the ones it has are more meant for the 1/10th scale vehicles so I’m hoping to find a more fitted 1/8th scale option. Any help would be very appreciated & welcomed!! Thanks so much for all help!!
Did you get it new or used? Did something happen that may have caused it?
If it’s new and you haven’t had any accidents with it, it could just be the nature of a crawler. When you’re running super soft suspension you end up get a lot more torque twist. I haven’t seen one of these before, so I’m not sure if anyone else will have a better suggestion but you may just have to measure your shocks and look at replacements that way.
Throw some topless pics up so that we can see the suspension and we may be able to diagnose the shock issue better.

So I’m wondering if anyone out there might have any ideas or suggestions or advice on a better shock?? Something not too expensive or crazy wild just average but better than the stock ones it has.
I don't have any crawler (just tried a TRX-4 last year for fun at the outside track from a buddy). I don't know the exact shock specs and lenght ... But I put a 1/8 alu shock from the bay (40$US) on my daughter SCT/Truggy 2 years ago and they are not bad. No leak and the shafts are still straight.

IMG_1934.JPG

They are still on the bay. Just type Senton BLX shocks.
Happy Easter.
note; better shocks would be the Arrma 6s line shocks.,, not sure you need that.

Last edited: