shocks for revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlehorse

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Jumped the revo today and when she landed I noticed it was leaning.
So I go pick it up and bam, shock was broke in half.
All this just 3 minutes after driving the volcano and blowing the glow plug out and loosing it.

So question is what is a good shock for cheap for revo.

The Traxxas GTR shocks are about as good as it gets. They're not much more expensive than stock and are an upgrade.

You can get them from the chop shops for pretty cheap...sometimes. I've seen full sets go for less than $20 shipped.

Sounds good. Will add them to my parts order next weel. Thanks

---------- Post added at 7:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:44 PM ----------

Also getting the stick rocker arms as it had the long travel on it when I got and I hate the way it handles with them

I spent a total of $12 for a set of 4 new Teflon coated gtr shocks with TiN coated shafts from ebay.

What is a good weight oil for bashing?
Thanks for the info

Depends what you want to do.

For me, I think I'm running 45... maybe 50, with the shock baffle kit: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTH6&P=7

Blue springs on the rear, pink on the front with the TiNi coated hard anno'd shocks from the platinum rigs on ebay.

I can do decent air without bottoming out to bad (3-5 feet under it), but still, it doesn't take on big air like my savage can with 4 flux shocks. :)

Without the variable rate kit, I was running 60-70 weight with similar landing characteristics, but rebound was awful and it was just dreadful on rough ground. That baffle blocks 2 holes on the shock piston as they compress or decompress (depending on how you install them, off-road blocks on compress/on-road blocks on decompress). This let me drop down to a lighter oil, but still get similar landing while not losing quick rebound.

Last edited:
yes i too rebuilt my shocks with the varible shock kit and used 50w losi oil and the truck handles the jumps alot better.

Back