Shock Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrestler21x

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Shock help I have a Traxxas slash 2wd and a Losi tenacity 4x4 both seem like there shocks have no rebound. I have cleaned and added new oil but the front just don't rebound on the Losi they are big bore just seem flat. A same with Traxxas rear any ideas?

what oil weight?. whats are spring (color)?. are shock shafts bent? seen that alot on traxxas models.. how many holes in pistons in shock? I never have had this issue with any Losi and I run alot of losis.

what oil weight?. whats are spring (color)?. are shock shafts bent? seen that alot on traxxas models.. how many holes in pistons in shock? I never have had this issue with any Losi and I run alot of losis.
Best way will be to add a video I'll put one on YouTube and link it thanks

a video will not tell me the things I asked. shock oil weight?. type of springs? what pistons are in the shocks? 1 hole what?

I'm not sure what weight oil as I just bought this used. I know the guy said it has big bore shocks I just feel like the front when you press down on them they stay down see attached picture. This is the Losi tenacity I'll take pictures of the Traxxas/also the slash has 60 weight oil in it I've also tried it with 40 weight with the same results does White springs almost a picture of that too thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 20200801_180153.jpg
    20200801_180153.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200801_180204.jpg
    20200801_180204.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 95
Here's the Traxxas pics and oil I'm using in the rear it had no rebound and sags

Attachments

• 20200801_190654.jpg
    20200801_190654.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200801_190703.jpg
    20200801_190703.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200801_190711.jpg
    20200801_190711.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 100
The losi needs new shock shafts they are bent also a shock rebuild kit and new springs..
slash rebuild and replace with new springs unsure if shafts are bent(rebuild and you will see when you take apart. more than likely the diaphragm's are also shot if you have any at all

I would also pull out your a arm pivot screws and make sure they are clean get all the sand and old oil and stuff out of them make sure that they move freely

Ok not to sound dumb but what should I do the rears on the slash are new with new springs that's what the RC shop sold me. The LOSI just bought and the guy said he just put the big bore shocks on it. I took shocks off the look straight. What would you guys do 1st for the least amount of money

update took losi shocks apart the shafts are straight and good the little rubber part in the top has a tear in it so preplacing. How do i know what shock it is to order a replacement rubber part?

Shock help I have a Traxxas slash 2wd and a Losi tenacity 4x4 both seem like there shocks have no rebound. I have cleaned and added new oil but the front just don't rebound on the Losi they are big bore just seem flat. A same with Traxxas rear any ideas?
Maybe it's just terminology , but I understood that shocks don't rebound . They damp
rebound generated by the spring . Shortshift